** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 minutes ago, Judoka said:

Florida's search is reminiscent of Steve Pedersen at Nebraska.

It’s great how they fired McElwain really early to get out in front in the search process, only to end up not getting their initial choice, and having to wait for all the college football seasons to end before making a hire. All the time has done is create more in-fighting within the program and boosters and former coaches to get in a dick-swinging contest. 

• Plus1 3

2 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Every indication that I've seen seems to believe that Frost would bring most of his staff with him. His DC is supposedly a fast riser in the business.

Their DC's name is Chinander. He runs (what looks like to my amateur eyes) an attacking D out of the 3-4. But in the games I've watched, UCF has missed a lot of tackles and even more alarmingly, had a lot of blown coverages where the other team is running free behind the secondary. I'd give Chinander a chance if that's who Frost wants, but I think Frost should bring in someone else.

• Plus1 1
Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

It’s great how they fired McElwain really early to get out in front in the search process, only to end up not getting their initial choice, and having to wait for all the college football seasons to end before making a hire. All the time has done is create more in-fighting within the program and boosters and former coaches to get in a dick-swinging contest. 

Really just goes to show the difference in the quality of an AD. Moos knew what he was doing the entire time. Didn’t panic or make a scene. Florida, the exact opposite. I guess you reap what you sow.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yup, sounds like Florida, in all matters.  (they're quite silly down here)   :ahhhhhhhh

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

There will be soooo many angry boosters out there if they end up with anyone other than their first choice.  

17 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Multiple sources tell FootballScoop Florida went strong on Scott Frost…with several sources over the past few days telling FootballScoop Florida officials felt, despite Frost’s obvious connections to Nebraska, that they would wind up securing Frost as their next head coach. While that still might happen, a source told FootballScoop last night, Tom Osborne called Frost yesterday and told him it was time to come home. We were told Frost understood the message.

This sounds about as likely as the story of frost walking around the AD office at UCF bragging about how many offers he had. I am 99.9% confident frost did not tell anyone that TO called him and said it's time to come home. 2 reasons

1. Doesn't sound like something TO would say

2. I doubt their conversation would be relayed to anyone other than maybe his wife 

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, Sker4Ever said:

Really just goes to show the difference in the quality of an AD. Moos knew what he was doing the entire time. Didn’t panic or make a scene. Florida, the exact opposite. I guess you reap what you sow.

I think we really need to throw props at some point to Bounds and Green for beginning ALL OF THIS by finding and bringing in Moos. All has been well-planned before showing SE the door...

• Plus1 2