** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

3 hours ago, Vince R. said:

Yes but the focus has been on him going to Florida. The point is to show that they are not getting their info right and their sources are just wrong. So when in doubt, point him to going to Florida. It was lazy on their part for not actually getting real information which shows the bias. 

Obviously you seem to be one of those people that always wants to have the last word in and always wants to be right...so there is no point in arguing with you since there is no convincing you that you might possibly be wrong...the fact is that the media has not always been biased against us...we just have not done anything positive over the past decade for us to merit positive energy from the media. Last year, when we were 7-0, a lot of people were saying positive things but then when it mattered most and we had to prove ourselves, we faltered like a paper dragon. It is the media’s job to speculate and sell stories. The fact is that we are not 100% sure that Frost is coming to Nebraska until an announcement is made. Until then, everyone is free to speculate. What we, as fans, need to stop is trying to act like the world hates us and conspires against us. Until we are relevant and we start playing like true Huskers, we will not be favored in a lot of discussions. RESPECT IS EARNED MY FRIEND...REMEMBER THAT.

2 minutes ago, Kiz said:

UCF board is really going nuts.  They are very afraid of losing Scott to us NObraska Cornholes!  

Their fans seem very negative and hateful.  Another reason for Scott to come home.

My facebook is literally 90% Husker fans who do nothing but respond with "Well, our fanbase is such a$$hole$ we'll just run him off too!".

We are also hateful....just towards ourselves I guess.

Edited by Redux
  • Plus1 2
41 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I am not joking in any way.   No, the money spent at Disney does not directly go there but the University is presumably a tax supported institution.  Unlike NU, most all athletic departnments get big chunks of their money / support from tax payers and other revenues.  Of course, tickets, bowl money, etc is something new to UCF and so their budget will see dramatic influx with new found success and popularity.  Frost is worth a lot of money to UCF too.

If Frost fills half the empty seats for 7 games a year more than they are now selling, and winning and becoming a top 15 program will create lots of new found interest in a population area of millions, then he will be worth far more than his salary bump.

Actually, Frost may be worth more to UCF, on paper and in the bank account, than he is in Lincoln, unless you believe Nebraska can't sell out the stadium with some other "new' HC, and only Frost can magically do so, then maybe NU is wiser, financially, to hire someone cheaper.   That has been the analysis in the past as we've been selling out without spending the mega bucks .          

You do realize they played in the Fiesta Bowl and went 12-1 just three years ago.

Edited by hansenn
  • Plus1 2

2 hours ago, ladyhawke said:

I'm sure you're excluding our boys from Nebraska. They played with heart: Luke Gifford, Chris Weber, Tyler Hoppes, just to name a few.  They played with heart because they DO understand the tradition of the tunnel wall.  How cool it will be for those young men who are from Nebraska (minus the current seniors of course) to be coached by one of their own.  :)

I completely agree with you. The ones who are passionate are the ones from our state and I did mention that Riley ignored the homegrown talent. In fact, the Nebraska kids who grew up dreaming of becoming Huskers played their butts off. Also, Drew Brown because of his older brother playing for Nebraska, you could see his emotions and how disappointed he was. The rest of the team did not seem too disappointed in the results. That is why I strongly believe that having Scott, one of their own, coaching these guys and instilling husker pride will pay dividends very quickly. Let us hope so...GO BIG REG. RESTORE HUSKER PRIDE.

It’s kind of amazing to see how many Husker ‘fans’ are so depressing, defeatist, and negative. Anything I post on my Facebook page that is at all optimistic gets a number of mocking responses from people who can’t get past their negativity. We’ve become K-State fans for God’s sake...it’s kind of painful to see.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I think one thing getting overlooked here is the silence from our end. No rumor, no leak of any conversation between NU and anyone on this crazy day of info flying around 

EXACTLY!!!!  The fact that there has been no word of Neb officially talking to anyone today tells us all we need to know for now.  If this wasn’t a done deal, Neb would have been in the news today talking / interviewing the same coaches that have all taken jobs today.  If it was truly a wait and see, we could not afford to wait because all the other candidates will be gone. 

• Plus1 1