** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 minutes ago, tfree32 said:

It’s kind of amazing to see how many Husker ‘fans’ are so depressing, defeatist, and negative. Anything I post on my Facebook page that is at all optimistic gets a number of mocking responses from people who can’t get past their negativity. We’ve become K-State fans for God’s sake...it’s kind of painful to see.

Yeah I used to do countdown updates and boast about the team.  Psssh, not anynore.  Facebook is a cess pool of garbage thoughts and pissy attitudes.

1 minute ago, ebohnart said:

You have saved my precious, delicate feelings.

tenor.gif?itemid=7649824

Edited by Redux

2 minutes ago, tfree32 said:

It’s kind of amazing to see how many Husker ‘fans’ are so depressing, defeatist, and negative. Anything I post on my Facebook page that is at all optimistic gets a number of mocking responses from people who can’t get past their negativity. We’ve become K-State fans for God’s sake...it’s kind of painful to see.

Maybe your Facebook friends are. I'm not.

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, tfree32 said:

The advantage of hiring Bielema may be that you can pay him in Golden Corral giftcards. 

He's a knucklehead....I think that's what they're looking for. They all had their heart set on Gruden ,who has no interest in coaching there. Maybe they can get McElwain?

2 minutes ago, Husker4ever319 said:

I completely agree with you. The ones who are passionate are the ones from our state and I did mention that Riley ignored the homegrown talent. In fact, the Nebraska kids who grew up dreaming of becoming Huskers played their butts off. Also, Drew Brown because of his older brother playing for Nebraska, you could see his emotions and how disappointed he was. The rest of the team did not seem too disappointed in the results. That is why I strongly believe that having Scott, one of their own, coaching these guys and instilling husker pride will pay dividends very quickly. Let us hope so...GO BIG REG. RESTORE HUSKER PRIDE.

Absolutely! (I'll confess that I had to look up Drew Brown because he shows so much love for the Huskers that I thought he was from Nebraska!:)) I'm sorry I missed your mention that Riley ignored the homegrown talent.  His loss!  

I am with you all the way that having Scott is going to be huge in restoring Husker pride! GO BIG RED!

Can we talk predictions for when Frost is announced N?  This state will erupt!  We will be totally unified and excited!  Be tough to get tickets to the games next year.  Scalpers will ask for more money.  Tailgating will soar!

I can't wait for next week's announcement, so I can't imagine the long way until next season!

Edited by Kiz
  • Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, IflyB3E said:

EXACTLY!!!!  The fact that there has been no word of Neb officially talking to anyone today tells us all we need to know for now.  If this wasn’t a done deal, Neb would have been in the news today talking / interviewing the same coaches that have all taken jobs today.  If it was truly a wait and see, we could not afford to wait because all the other candidates will be gone. 

And if frost in some odd twist would choose to stay he would have hurt us as a program since we are not moving forward fast and furious pursuing coaches. That is big reason I see him honoring his verbal 

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

It seems some in Gator world are not thrilled with the hire of Mullen.  I think he is a definite step up from McElwain but probably not the Elite coach they were hoping for.  

https://www.secrant.com/rant/gator-sports/

There are always some. It looks like the local message board mob gets all ginned up about some fantasy hire,....Taggert,.... then acts shocked when they bring in someone realistic.

Edited by Hayseed

41 minutes ago, Husker4ever319 said:

Obviously you seem to be one of those people that always wants to have the last word in and always wants to be right...so there is no point in arguing with you since there is no convincing you that you might possibly be wrong...the fact is that the media has not always been biased against us...we just have not done anything positive over the past decade for us to merit positive energy from the media. Last year, when we were 7-0, a lot of people were saying positive things but then when it mattered most and we had to prove ourselves, we faltered like a paper dragon. It is the media’s job to speculate and sell stories. The fact is that we are not 100% sure that Frost is coming to Nebraska until an announcement is made. Until then, everyone is free to speculate. What we, as fans, need to stop is trying to act like the world hates us and conspires against us. Until we are relevant and we start playing like true Huskers, we will not be favored in a lot of discussions. RESPECT IS EARNED MY FRIEND...REMEMBER THAT.

Are you the same person I got on two days ago and started a new account? Because you sure sound like it. And you have stretched some of the things I said. There is not a witch hunt against Nebraska. My point is, if those outlets really knew what the hell they were talking about, they would've written that Nebraska is the front runner and that Florida is not in position for Frost..Instead of painting the picture that Nebraska is trailing Florida. I am criticizing "credible" sources for BSing people. 

I do not come on here and over step my boundaries on what I do not know. Those who have an idea of what I post about, already know where my niche is and what I typically provide info on. I will not post or make any bold assertions if I didn't have prior knowledge/confidence. So I don't know where you're getting your whole "you seem to be one of those people" shtick. 

Edited by Vince R.
8 minutes ago, RunMickeyRun02 said:

This tempted me to go there, I will never again, it's a scary place. 

Just read this over there, seriously no words.  Hope their whole fanbase isn't this horrible.

Remember when that gator in Florida ate that little boy from Nebraska cause his redneck parents were too drunk to pay attention? Yeah I think the gator had the right idea. One less person from Nebraska in this world is a great idea.

Edited by Redux