** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

3 minutes ago, melscott62 said:

He'll be introduced Sunday...not Saturday

You’d think he’d want to be with his players when the bowl matchups are selected on Sunday.

I’m guessing, because of this, we won’t find out until Monday morning or later.

I’m sure we’ll want to dominate the news cycle.

Edited by Hoosker

2 minutes ago, Hoosker said:

You’d think he’d want to be with his players when the bowl matchups are selected on Sunday.

As great of a hire as Frost will be, I doubt it will dominate the news cycle nationally. I think the CFP talk will dominate the whole week. 

Yeah, it won’t be the #1 thing, but I’m just suggesting they’ll pull the trigger at a more opportune time than Sunday.

If UCF wins, you’ll want him to be able to celebrate with his team for the rest of Saturday at least, right?

So would it be Sunday morning then?  I guess the early signing period really accelerates things.

9 minutes ago, Hoosker said:

My guess is he's going to rip the bandaid off.... That's a tough situation.  But after that game his team is the 2018 Nebraska cornfhuskers....and he probably wants to meet with his team asap.

14 minutes ago, jaws said:

As great of a hire as Frost will be, I doubt it will dominate the news cycle nationally. I think the CFP talk will dominate the whole week. 

With Nebraska losing recruits and an early signing period approaching, I'd rather the new coach just show up and get to work.  Don't care about ESPN's coverage of the matter or any other news channel.

• Plus1 1

Matt Davison has business interests beside broadcasting. I believe he wants to get away from the basketball side of it as it does require a lot more time away. We haven't seen any announcements other than he did the home bball game and I gathered he was no longer doing basketball games. No announcement is strange but maybe we'll find out more next week.

Just now, melscott62 said:

My guess is he's going to rip the bandaid off.... That's a tough situation.  But after that game his team is the 2018 Nebraska cornfhuskers....and he probably wants to meet with his team asap.

Yeah, I guess there’s zero chance he coaches in the bowl game, so I’m not sure why I thought he’d need to be with UCF players for that.  He needs time to assemble his staff, evaluate the staff, recruit the current and future players to stay/come, etc.  You’re probably right