** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Logged in just so I could join the mob and say Benning sucks.  Stopped listening to that a$$clown a few years ago.  He gave me no choice but to believe he doesn’t have the best interest in mind for the football program.

i honestly believe if it was in his power he’d find a way to make sure Frost never came back.

my dad said it best when I used to complain about him...”He’s a nobody.  Never amounted to anything”

Edited by 614Husker
  • Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Nebraska plays in a relatively weak division in which it possesses better recruits than any other team in the division when you compile the 5 year rankings. What has been lacking is player development and a team identity.  Thus, I think Nebraska has just as easy of a chance of winning the BIG West and competing in the CCG that Florida does in the SEC East. The BIG and SEC winners will always be strong candidates for the CFP, so your argument has fallen apart.

Also, Frost moving to Nebraska is not an apples to apples comparison of Gus moving to Arky. Lets assume that Urban Meyer was an Indiana grad...would you question him leaving OSU to go to Indiana?

If you say it is just as easy to win the division, sure, I can agree with that.

But we are talking national titles, not just getting in the playoff. Winning the playoff. Are you trying to tell me that it is easier to get that kind of talent to NE over FL?

And you think my argument has fallen apart? :facepalm:

If Meyer was from Indiana, which is what we were talking about with Gus and Scott, I would not question it no.

You are trying to prove a point with Scarlet glasses on, take them off and think about which school has a BETTER chance of winning a national championship. 

• Plus1 1

I'm most of the way through the 1st segment of Sharpe and Benning and haven't heard anything disparaging about the Huskers or Frost. They've been mocking the rumors and the media.

Can someone tell me where in that segment they don't like what's being said?

Edited by RedDenver
  • Plus1 2
37 minutes ago, C-4 said:

The Frost craze had me re-watching the '97 Tennessee last night. Some takeaways:

1 - Scott Frost said on being a player in Osbornes last game, (paraphrased) "We feel privileged to play in his last game because we will be the last team he remembers coaching."

2 - Frost was our first 1,000/1,000 QB that year. We've had two since (Crouch and Martinez both achieved this once a piece). I'd bet Frost's offense brings some more. 

3 - Kind of wish Frost's offense utilized a full-back. Joel Makovicka was key in the Frost-Green run game. Hoping he uses TE's well here too, Frost to Sheldon Jackson was a good combo.

4 - Our defense was young, but our offensive line was full of 4th and 5th year starters. Hope we can build that depth again.

5 - Peyton Manning is a ten gallon head loser.

Why do you call Peyton Manning a loser? Did you know that he came to the Nebraska locker room after the game to congratulate the Huskers?

• Plus1 3

Just now, billdozer15 said:

How does that work with Bitcoin value moving around so much? Particularly to the upside. 

I didn't trust Bovada with my credit card. So I bought a $100 dollar visa giftcard at Walgreens (US use), and sold it for $95 worth of bitcoin. Once I loaded the $95 worth of bitcoin to Bovada they converted the bitcoin back to dollars in my account. Hope that makes sense, it was a new experience for me but I didn't want my credit card on sketch sites.

2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I'm most of the way through the 1st segment of Sharpe and Benning and haven't heard anything disparaging about the Huskers or Frost. They've been mocking the rumors and the media.

"I'm about to leave. It's not funny. This whole thing has made Nebraska football about something so singular. This whole thing has just gotten.... it was my greatest fear."

"Who's the first person put off by Frost's behavior?