** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Some names that have been tossed around down here for the various openings (or posible openings) are:

FSU: Taggert, Strong

Arkansas: Malzahn, Les Miles

UCF: The coordinators

UT: Tee Martin, Taggert, Strong, Kiffen (jokingly, I hope)

There was a conversation today about the possible FSU opening and Scott Frost, which the  USA Today College Football writer immediately squashed with “Frost is heading to Nebraska, they are just waiting for the CCG to be over.”

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, RedNebraskan said:

Why am I nervous today about all this?  I mean, he said he's loyal to us, but yet I am nervous.  I don't get it.

Well, his DC said that's where they want to be so that could mean a few different things:

1) He's terrible at "coach speak".

2) He plans on staying at UCF (Head Coach maybe?).

3) Frost and staff are staying.

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Well, his DC said that's where they want to be so that could mean a few different things:

1) He's terrible at "coach speak".

2) He plans on staying at UCF (Head Coach maybe?).

3) Frost and staff are staying.

I really don’t think frost is staying. If he was he would have signed the extension and made it public. Stringing the whole thing out would not only hurt his hometown team, but also his own recruiting efforts at ucf. He gains nothing by letting speculation run rampant and then staying at ucf. Instability is a momentum killer.

1 minute ago, olddominionhusker said:

It’s still completely quiet on our front. I think if the situation had changed names would start popping up in the media. 

Yeah this is what I'm thinking too.  Really the best piece of evidence is that nothing big has changed on our front.

1 minute ago, HuskerJax said:

I really don’t think frost is staying. If he was he would have signed the extension and made it public. Stringing the whole thing out would not only hurt his hometown team, but also his own recruiting efforts at ucf. He gains nothing by letting speculation run rampant and then staying at ucf. Instability is a momentum killer.

I don't think he's staying there neither, but it's still possible.

1 minute ago, olddominionhusker said:

It’s still completely quiet on our front. I think if the situation had changed names would start popping up in the media. 

Yep. As other schools have shown this last week, these coaching searches are anything but quiet. The silence is your greatest evidence that this thing is done.

Man, I am getting the impression some people on here like to open a few Christmas presents in advance.  Frost is coming... so onto the question of the hour.  Is it cool to let kids open gift or two ahead of the official opening of gifts?  And to keep it in the spirit of Coach Frost, let it be about advice Coach would give to his newborn.  I will go first-   "baby frost, we have tradition around here and you better get used to it, gifts are to be open the day of Christmas"