** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

I wonder if it is better or worse for us based on the conference championship result.  If they lose, Scott might feel like he has unfinished business. But he'd be less likely to coach the bowl game if he comes.  If they win, Scott has pretty much done all he can do there, but he might want to coach the Peach Bowl.  I'm glad Moos is giving him his space, but I hope they are still talking with his agent.  Scott is probably still getting dirctly hit hard each day by UCF staff and Orlando media that want him to stay, so that worries me a bit.

Edited by Packerhuskerfan

Just now, Packerhuskerfan said:

I wonder if it is better or worse for us based on the conference championship result.  If they lose, Scott might fill like he has unfinished business. But he'd be less likely to coach the bowl game if he comes.  If they win, Scott has pretty much done all he can do there, but he might want to coach the Peach Bowl.  I'm glad Moos is giving him his space, but I hope they are still talking with his agent.  Scott is probably still getting dirctly hit hard each day by UCF staff and Orlando media that want him to stay, so that worries me a bit.

He is not going to coach the bowl game.  There is no way we could wait until January to have a new coach, and I dont see UCF letting him coach them while recruiting for us.  

11 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

Oh man they got into the Bo discussion again.  He and Riley are going to feel like ancient history come Sunday.

Isn't it amazing how fast time is traveling away from those guys, and how slow it is traveling waiting for Coach Frost?  It is like Christmas as a kid.  Now, as an adult, it is almost like you go towed, wake up and it is another holiday.  You lose all that magic of a holiday-- but not this Sunday/Monday-- I am giddy like a school kid.  I wonder if Coach frost will speak during the Nebraska-Kansas basketball game?

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

I agree.  Like one of the paper guys wrote, we need to pay coaches to match our expectations.  Will be interesting to see who Frost brings in.  I think it will be mainly his guys from UCF, but I will like to see who he fills the holes in the staff with.  Does he go with loyal guys he knows and trusts, or does he hire some big name proven recruiters. 

I think the assistant pool number in the contract will be a little nudge to Frost to do the latter. No one is going to tell Scott who to hire, but I think there will be an understanding the administration wants to assemble the best staff possible.

8 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

There's probably a lot of truth in that, but Pelini has nobody to blame but himself. Yeah he was winning 9 games a year, but if you want to keep your job after all those blowout losses you can't berate the fans/media/bosses and expect to do so. Let's not forget how embarrassing his antics were becoming to this program. Nebraska football was becoming a national punchline.

Bo is at the perfect school for him.  If you have been to Youngstown you know it fits him.

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I have not, but I agree with you. Anywhere he can hide from the national spotlight is a better place for Bo.

Whatever.  He belongs in the SEC.  He got the SEC fire that everyone of their fans have.  Their fan bases would be like, "This guy gets it, look at his fire!"

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, irafreak said:

Alright...the other day a poster was convinced Bo had a mental disorder. Clearly some of you don't really understand the difference between disease and personality. Bo is an emotional guy. That plays to his advantage to motivate his players. It also is a double edged sword when he faces conflict. Bo struggled to handle the pressure in the right way. Most of us would as well. I see Pelini as a guy that wants to feel appreciated for his hard work. We've learned that some of his complaints about his superiors were pretty accurate. 

The guy isn't a bad coach or a bad person. We got to see him at his worst as he was under high stress. Most of us aren't proud of our worst. Enough ragging on the guy. You haven't seen bat $hit crazy if you believe that describes a pelini tirade...

As someone in the field, I've got to say that what he was doing was at an extreme. Getting that worked up is something that even at your worst should probably raise an eyebrow. You couldn't diagnose him or anything, but it's easy to say he probably would benefit from his emotion regulation.  

If anyone on this board handles pressure and stress like, they should know that it's something people can help you with. 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Vizsla1 said:

Isn't it amazing how fast time is traveling away from those guys, and how slow it is traveling waiting for Coach Frost?  It is like Christmas as a kid.  Now, as an adult, it is almost like you go towed, wake up and it is another holiday.  You lose all that magic of a holiday-- but not this Sunday/Monday-- I am giddy like a school kid.  I wonder if Coach frost will speak during the Nebraska-Kansas basketball game?

Man this probably seems crazy, but the hope of Frost puts me in a great mood all day.  I'm typically in an ok to good mood, but I'm way happier than usual now.  

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

Whatever.  He belongs in the SEC.  He got the SEC fire that everyone of their fans have.  Their fan bases would be like, "This guy gets it, look at his fire!"

Maybe a less demanding SEC school (Vanderbilt?). The spotlight/fish bowl was too much for him. That much seems fairly obvious doesn't it? He was emotionally/mentally falling apart those last couple years. I can't imagine how his family felt watching that.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

I would enjoy seeing how the fans love the fire and how he loves the fans.  With what happened at YSU this year, what would be painted on the while rock at UT?  There was a conviction in Bo's situation.  Schiano's situation was a third party allegation.