** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Just now, BIG ERN said:

Gundy turned down 6 year $42M at Tennessee. Confused why he even went to the interview if you turn down that deal.... 

I think he likes the attention. His name is out there every other year it seems. Could of been hunting for a raise, too. The Vols were going to double his salary, surely OSU will give him a bump.

1 minute ago, BIG ERN said:

Gundy turned down 6 year $42M at Tennessee. Confused why he even went to the interview if you turn down that deal.... 

He has always been the biggest flirt in the coaching market.  His name is attached to seemingly every opening.

6 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

0% chance we would agree to this.

Why?  I know all about the recruiting aspect and getting here etc. but this is such an unusual circumstance. Winning every game in your division, then if they do win  their CCG knowing you won't be allowed to coach these boys that you've spent the last two years developing for an opportunity to have a perfect season? I don't know. (And I'm asking sincerely 'why') I think that would be agonizing for Scott.  But he is an adult and there are always consequences to any decision that we make in life.  But I would like to know why this would be impossible.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, ladyhawke said:

Why?  I know all about the recruiting aspect and getting here etc. but this is such an unusual circumstance. Winning every game in your division, then if they do win  their CCG knowing you won't be allowed to coach these boys that you've spent the last two years developing for an opportunity to have a perfect season? I don't know. (And I'm asking sincerely 'why') I think that would be agonizing for Scott.  But he is an adult and there are always consequences to any decision that we make in life.  But I would like to know why this would be impossible.

This program needs immediate attention. If he wants the Nebraska job, he needs to get here and actually do the job. To hell with sentiment.

4 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Bowl games really dont matter. I dont blame any future pro player for not playing them and I wouldnt blame a coach for not coaching in it.  The game is 3-4 weeks removed from the end of your season, and is a celebration for the players that made it. It is nice to make a big bowl and it helps in recruiting, but all the advantages of going to and winning a bowl game disappear if you are not going to be there next year.  

10 hours ago, krc1995 said:

and I think those firings were coincidence and incidental.  The Frost want began well before either of those firings and it was just a matter of taking care of University business.   

But it was on a far smaller scale than it is now. This thread wasn't started until after Eichorst was fired and the first 15 pages are a lot of hemming and hawing about whether Frost is good enough to be here. The thread didn't start to take off until Oct. 15th (Moos' hiring) when Frost was only 5-0.

I would not extrapolate Huskerboard's passion and interest into the entire fan base. I'm sure Frost was on Moos' radar from the beginning but it's silly to think that's who he was hired to hire. Nebraska just happens to be the potential fortunate benefactor of their own team going 4-8 and Frost going undefeated. This fan base would be singing a far different tune if Frost had lost 3-4 games after Moos was hired.

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, Enhance said:

But it was on a far smaller scale than it is now. This thread wasn't started until after Eichorst was fired and the first 15 pages are a lot of hemming and hawing about whether Frost is good enough to be here. The thread didn't start to take off until Oct. 15th (Moos' hiring) when Frost was only 5-0.

I would not extrapolate Huskerboard's passion and interest into the entire fan base. I'm sure Frost was on Moos' radar from the beginning but it's silly to think that's who he was hired to hire. Nebraska just happens to be the potential fortunate benefactor of their own team going 4-8 and Frost going undefeated. This fan base would be singing a far different tune if Frost had lost 3-4 games after Moos was hired.

Exactly. The stars have aligned but things could have played out very differently.

This whole thing is almost supernatural the way it has all fallen into place.

Edited by Nebfanatic
  • Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

Bowl games really dont matter. I dont blame any future pro player for not playing them and I wouldnt blame a coach for not coaching in it.  The game is 3-4 weeks removed from the end of your season, and is a celebration for the players that made it. It is nice to make a big bowl and it helps in recruiting, but all the advantages of going to and winning a bowl game disappear if you are not going to be there next year.  

Ok, thanks!:)

4 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Agreed. If you have listened to a handful of Moos' interviews/press conferences you understand why they hired the man. As off the radar as it was, it seems like one hell of a hire at this point.

• Plus1 4
1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Agreed. If you have listened to a handful of Moos' interviews/press conferences you understand why they hired the man. As off the radar as it was, it seems like one hell of a hire at this point.

Exactly. He has a track record of success, he's uncommonly personable, has hired very successful football coaches and appears to have great leadership qualities.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Exactly. He has a track record of success, he's uncommonly personable, has hired very successful football coaches and appears to have great leadership qualities.

Honestly, the only complaint I have about Moos is his age. And it's not because I think he's too old to do his job, I just wish he was 10-15 years younger so he could be here that much longer. :lol:   I've been very impressed with him.

• Plus1 6