** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

9 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

Has Gundy got an extension based on this. I hadn’t heard anything about that

It's rumor, so grain of salt and all that, but the UT boards were saying that Gundy isn't getting an extension or any contract change from Okla St. Just straight up turned down UT.

25 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Unless your aunt was transgender and identified as female. 

But hey, let's get back to making broad generalizations about programs instead of making intelligent, nuanced discussion points about the topic. UCF has a legitimate shot at a P5 conference, but only when Oklahoma and (Texass/Kansas) bolt the Big XII for the B1G after the GOR expires. 

Big 12 is realistically the most likely conference to take UCF/USF. If Oklahoma and Texas leave the Big 12, they will no longer be considered a power conference. 

Just now, huskersrule95 said:

Big 12 is realistically the most likely conference to take UCF/USF. If Oklahoma and Texas leave the Big 12, they will no longer be considered a power conference. 

I'm thinking Oklahoma and Kansas are more realistic, personally. Texass likes being the big fish, even if the pond is small and stagnant. 

29 minutes ago, STL Husker said:

I know that one is a reach, but if he stayed, there's no reason for him to believe he couldn't sustain a high level of success.  They are in a top 20 TV market and in a state that a lot of conferences would love to gain a share/bigger share of.  I don't think it's too big of a stretch to see UCF and USF joining a power 5 conference together at some point.  If that happens then a lot Nebraska's advantages are diminished.  Again, I don't agree, but this is probably the biggest thing they can sell to a big time coach.

The problem is that even a very desperate Big XII passed on both schools in the most recent round of expansion talks. So they bring much less than you think.

Top that off with swirling speculation that the next major conference expansion will happen again in 2020/something when the Big XII collective bargaining agreement expires likely leading to the break up of that conference and suddenly UCF and USF become a disappointing consolation prize compared to the Oklahoma and Texas schools. Even kansas would be considered a bigger win.

In short you vastly over estimate the value those schools bring.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, husker98 said:

The problem is that even a very desperate Big XII passed on both schools in the most recent round of expansion talks. So they bring much less than you think.

Top that off with swirling speculation that the next major conference expansion will happen again in 2020/something when the Big XII collective bargaining agreement expires likely leading to the break up of that conference and suddenly UCF and USF become a disappointing consolation prize compared to the Oklahoma and Texas schools. Even kansas would be considered a bigger win.

In short you vastly over estimate the value those schools bring.

I also vastly under estimated the value of Rutgers and Maryland.  TV's mean everything and recruiting territory isn't far behind.  But again, I was just trying to give a reason why UCF might be considered a better job.

40 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Unless your aunt was transgender and identified as female. 

But hey, let's get back to making broad generalizations about programs instead of making intelligent, nuanced discussion points about the topic. UCF has a legitimate shot at a P5 conference, but only when Oklahoma and (Texass/Kansas) bolt the Big XII for the B1G after the GOR expires. 

Would the B12 still be a power 5 conference at that point? Might be power 4.

59 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Danny Kanell said UCF might be a better job than Nebraska. Tell me if there is something I'm missing.

Facilities: Nebraska (Not even a discussion)

Fan Support: Nebraska (Not even a discussion)

Money: Nebraska (Not even a discussion)

Recruiting: Nebraska (UCF closer to talent, but there is a reason that we've out recruited them every year since recruiting rankings were invented)

Conference: Nebraska (C'mon)

History: Nebraska (C'mon)

Keep in mind that Kanell is Florida born and bred, and attended UF. He'll believe everything is better in FLA.

Perhaps not unlike Frost and Nebraska. ;) 

I'm not usually one of those people who bash on a sportscaster because they have an opinion I don't like.

That said, Kanell's opinions are often a special kind of stupid. There's no objective way to argue UCF is a 'better' job than Nebraska or even suggest that this 'might' be true. UCF has some positives, but, that does not mean there's any substance to his argument.

• Plus1 2