** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

12 minutes ago, InOmaha said:

Yeah, like that one time when he was at Oregon and he mentored a kid, then took him in as a foster child, and helped get him through high school and into college.  Who needs a guy like that to be our coach?  :sarcasm

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2011/09/the_bachscore_ducks_assistant.html

Now we know what Scott's kid's name is (Chris) ... from the article,

Chris recently started his freshman year on the football team at a small college outside Oregon. Frost planned to buy him a truck that could handle snow. Under the "Personal" heading on Chris' online player profile page it says, "Son of Scott Frost."

:dunno

5 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I didn't listen to the radio segment, just going off what people here said. It sounded like was taking a shot at Scott during the segment, and I read this tweet as a backtrack, saying that he meant he'd have to come to terms with how bad the team was.... I don't know, maybe I'm reading that wrong.

I did not hear it either but my concern would be, could this reflect poorly in SF’s mind?

We do not need additional hurdles to jump over. So I have to give the benefit of doubt as to Benning and Foreman’s comments.

If Dr. Tom; embraces Frost, and he is very well aware of the events back in the day that Benning and Jay could be upset about,  then Benning and Foreman need to think before engaging their personal feelings towards this. 

10 minutes ago, Husker56 said:

“UCF started kind of … one of their recruiting guys followed me on Twitter." - Tate Wildeman in this LJS article yesterday. I know it was debated 100 pages ago, but no one agreed that it happened recently. This obviously confirms that UCF guys started following our recruits recently.

a17e08968bcecb8c319ff8d94f4214ee--napolean-dynamite-napoleon-dynamite-quotes.jpg

• Plus1 1

Okay LOM ,Moiraine, you both know I was the first on this board to claim foul when Pelini was hired.  Hated the man, and was pretty relentless in that from then until the day he left.  Prior action when leaving after his first time at Nebraska.  I said I saw him as trying to help someone, that no one would normally help.  Trying to change their life, and in doing that risking what reputation he has.  It was a step in the right direction for him.  Whether it be, a drug addict, murderer or rapist (kid was 16 and drunk) he stuck his neck out for him, and then fought for him.  To me it proved what some have said on the board, he was all about the kids.  Would I ever want him to coach anyone I knew?  NO.  Do I think he should be coaching at the collegiate level? NO.  But that does not mean I can't think better of him for what he was trying to do.  Kids make mistakes, sometimes big mistakes.  The real mistake is when adults do not realize things can change.  

Edited by skersfan
  • Plus1 3
15 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I just listened to the podcast, Foreman even said it is "good that a former team mate is coming to be the coach".

Then there was a snide comments about making 5 million a year "so that means we're gonna be good, right?"

I really think DB and Foreman are well aware Frost isn't gonna fix this in year 1 or 2 or 3, so they are just laughing at all of the fans that think Frost will be the next Osborne.

Yeah this is exactly what it sounded like to me. Some people just need to feel persecuted i guess  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 minutes ago, skersfan said:

Okay to both of you, you know I was the first on this board to claim foul when he was hired.  Hated the man, and was pretty relentless in that from then until the day he left.  Prior action when leaving after his first time at Nebraska.  I said I saw him as trying to help someone, that no one would normally help.  Trying to change their life, and in doing that risking what reputation he has.  It was a step in the right direction for him.  Whether it be, a drug addict, murderer or rapist (kid was 16 and drunk) he stuck his neck out for him, and then fought for him.  To me it proved what some have said on the board, he was all about the kids.  Would I ever want him to coach anyone I knew?  NO.  Do I think he should be coaching at the collegiate level? NO.  But that does not mean I can't think better of him for what he was trying to do.  Kids make mistakes, sometimes big mistakes.  The real mistake is when adults do not realize things can change.  

Image result for confused gif

• Plus1 4

23 minutes ago, InOmaha said:

Yeah, like that one time when he was at Oregon and he mentored a kid, then took him in as a foster child, and helped get him through high school and into college.  Who needs a guy like that to be our coach?  :sarcasm

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2011/09/the_bachscore_ducks_assistant.html

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Scott has an adopted son?

See inOmaha's post above.