** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

5 minutes ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

Usually, stuff outside of coaches shows are voluntary.  I don't know of too many coaches that are obligated to do a morning radio show.

It looks like 96.9 The Game is the flagship radio station for UCF.  In that instance, part of that contract would most likely include weekly radio interviews with the head football coach.  it happens all the time all over the country.  

3 minutes ago, jsneb83 said:

Plus, if he didn't do it, how much would that add to the Frost to Nebraska distraction?

Scott and his agent could very well see what the radio station will want to interview Scott about and pre-emptively tell the radio station that they will not answer any questions not pertaining to their matchup against Memphis.

• Plus1 1
Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

Scott and his agent could very well see what the radio station will want to interview Scott about and pre-emptively tell the radio station that they will not answer any questions not pertaining to their matchup against Memphis.

More evidence of SF N

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Or he could simply announce that he is moving on to Nebraska during the radio show.  Wishful thinking, I know.

1 hour ago, FearAmeer said:

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/playPopup?id=21598342

haha get a load of this. I think it's either Ivan Maisel or Chris Low that entertains the idea that arizona state may be able to pull Frost away from us just because his wife is from arizona. That's just hilarious. 

I read somewhere that the ASU AD doesn't necessarily want the next coach to get rid of the assistants and instead consider keeping them. Also think I heard that was sort of a nonstarter for Frost as he wants to keep his guys. That could factor into any opportunity there.

I've heard the rumors that his wife loves it there and doesn't want to move to Lincoln... I'd like to assume that Frost  told her sometime during their courtship that if the Nebraska HC job were to ever become available and he was offered the position, that he would take it. I mean I think that'd be a deal breaker if she wouldn't have gone along with it.

3 minutes ago, Husker56 said:

I read somewhere that the ASU AD doesn't necessarily want the next coach to get rid of the assistants and instead consider keeping them. Also think I heard that was sort of a nonstarter for Frost as he wants to keep his guys. That could factor into any opportunity there.

I read the same. Very odd. Why fire the HC if you want to retain everyone he hired, or most of them? And what coach would be willing to walk into that job with those handcuffs? Never seen anything like it, at least not that I recall.

2 minutes ago, Flood said:

I read the same. Very odd. Why fire the HC if you want to retain everyone he hired, or most of them? And what coach would be willing to walk into that job with those handcuffs? Never seen anything like it, at least not that I recall.

From what I understand it’s why Herm was being looked at. The AD was his agent or something when he was coaching and they think he would go along with it. 

It is the reason why Arizona State is looking at a lot of older ex NFL head coaches.  They can bring these guys in and not have too much of a staff overhaul.  Definitely a different approach to say the least. 

Not to mention Frost would not go to Arizona State because they don’t really pay their coaches that much in the grand scheme of things.

14 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I've heard the rumors that his wife loves it there and doesn't want to move to Lincoln... I'd like to assume that Frost  told her sometime during their courtship that if the Nebraska HC job were to ever become available and he was offered the position, that he would take it. I mean I think that'd be a deal breaker if she wouldn't have gone along with it.

I can imagine the idea of moving with a brand new baby wouldn't be ideal and she probably isn't a huge fan of cold weather since she's from AZ. However, I imagine she'd be supportive of SF's coaching goals and desires. I know my better half would tag along if she knew my dream job required us to move.