** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

20 minutes ago, Keith.Wassung said:

STAR OF DAVID.NRB.jpg

Thanks for the photo

Been a Husker fan for 37 years. Seen them play all over the country from spending my honeymoon at the orange bowl in 94 to the great red out at Notre Dame.

But I’ve never been to Lincoln. Sure the day will come and I’m sure I’ll be emotional.

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

I think we've gotten a bad rap as far as how we treat coaches. There is a reason Solich is still at Ohio and there were possibly other issues. I don't have to explain Callahan or Riley but in short, they both had us going backwards. Bo was probably going to leave on his own if he didn't get fired, the pressure was too much for him and you could tell. If Frost can produce at a similar level to Bo or Solich chances are he can stay 10+ years if he keeps his nose clean and says the right things most of the time. Obviously getting blown out over and over by Wisconsin would also warrant some concern over his job stability but if we are consistently at or near the top of our division, Frost will be here a long time.

I'm in it for Frost for the long haul, even with some crap seasons mixed in.  Some times even the best coach has them.  Stoops had a flop season every now and then, Jimbo this year (both won NC's).  I'm just completely over this coaching search crap.  While I do think Frost has what it takes to be successful at Nebraska, even if he doesnt, I'm going to support him to the bitter end, to avoid the emotional roller coaster we've been on.

• Plus1 1

53 minutes ago, Landlord said:

He doesn't. He has said plenty of complimentary things about us in the past, he is really good at his job, and fanbases love to imagine that the media hates them. Ohio State fans thought the same thing, to the point where he had to leave Columbus and move to Nashville. Nebraska fans think he hates us because of the ESPN Classic show from like 13 years ago, where his producer told him to manufacture some fake controversy because the show was so boring.

I didn't know about the producer thing.  Makes sense though.

3 minutes ago, Alfa4C said:

Thanks for the photo

Been a Husker fan for 37 years. Seen them play all over the country from spending my honeymoon at the orange bowl in 94 to the great red out at Notre Dame.

But I’ve never been to Lincoln. Sure the day will come and I’m sure I’ll be emotional.

Been to countless games in Lincoln but none more memorable then taking my old man to his first. Went to see them play Illinois in ‘13. Never seen my dad so emotional, right when we walked through and he saw the field he started tearing up and shaking. Best game I’ve been to.

• Plus1 4
4 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

I'm in it for Frost for the long haul, even with some crap seasons mixed in.  Some times even the best coach has them.  Stoops had a flop season every now and then, Jimbo this year (both won NC's).  I'm just completely over this coaching search crap.  While I do think Frost has what it takes to be successful at Nebraska, even if he doesnt, I'm going to support him to the bitter end, to avoid the emotional roller coaster we've been on.

Oh I'm right there with you. If you would have told me Riley would be fired at the end of the season to start the season I probably would have been very disappointed because I like the idea of continuity. I hate coaching changes and I think there is a reason TO put together such an incredible run after 20 or so years if trying. Don't get me wrong, getting rid of Riley was the right move and I am happy with the direction we are going in, but I really do think part of the formula at Nebraska is some form of extreme consistency. Wisconsin is doing it through their AD right now, hopefully we can do it with this HC hire.

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, CornhuskerCornPicker said:

This is one of the most underrated, true statements on this board. The only thing is they are owned by Disney and they got the moneys to make espn into whatever the hell they damn well please

They are losing their viewership though.  They just fired 150 employees according to Mike G.  on the 'Mike and Mike' show.  They were lamenting how they are going to miss people that they had worked with for many years.

8 minutes ago, Alfa4C said:

Thanks for the photo

I didn't go to my first Husker game until I was 21 years old (Born in Nebraska, moved to SWMO when I was 10, been here every since). I was surprised at how overcome with emotion I was to finally be there. It was something. I hope that people who go all the time don't take it for granted. I know I never will.

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, Ziebol the Red said:

Been to countless games in Lincoln but none more memorable then taking my old man to his first. Went to see them play Illinois in ‘13. Never seen my dad so emotional, right when we walked through and he saw the field he started tearing up and shaking. Best game I’ve been to.

I’m not too proud. I’m sure I’ll break down and cry. Wife and I talk about it all the time.

Try explaining that to all those bitter UCF fans that just don’t understand what it means to be a Nebraska Fan!

• Plus1 3
37 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

We have a big buckeye fan marrying into my girlfriends family and his family came and visited from Ohio over thanksgiving. They are great people and invited me to the Shoe for the Husker game next year. They are great people and I'm really looking forward to that. So I've only had experience with good OSU fans

Unfortunately I've met every kind of Husker fan 

They sound like great people!