** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Awesome man.  I started taking my son 3 years ago and we go to opening game on Labor Day weekend. Its about an 8 hour drive.but he loves it. I highly recommend paying to stay at Embassy Suites as its super.convenient and they really cater to fans. The band also came through the atrium on the way to the game.

Cool thanks! So would that be the best place to stay from a convenience standpoint?

11 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Absolutely - if he has his head on straight this time.  But, only he can decide to do that.  I honestly figured he was long gone, but would definitely welcome him back if he's willing to put the work in.  As i said in the thread dedicated to the topic, he wont be coming back to the country club he left, so it's imperative for him to really want to do this, and do it for the right reasons.

His right reason may be to get far away from dad for awhile

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

With the exception of our home grown guys (and maybe some of them might be included too) I think these current players are in for a little rude awakening.  

All of them are, actually.  We'll see who hacks it and who doesn't.  Hopefully any who think it's too hard will just take a look at Frost's record at UCF and understand the coaches are molding them into something that works, but they first have to put the work in.  I dont think he will ask them to do anything they CANT do, though.

• Plus1 1

Vrzal needs to quit whining.  It'll be interesting if Frost getting hired finally breaks the hero worship the fan base has over ex-Huskers being largely infallible and people start pushing back against guys like Benning, Peter, Vrzal, etc.  I certainly get the point @ krc1995 about these guys all being competitive but it just comes across so incredibly petty.  Vrzal should redirect his energy towards improving his god awful radio show.  Husker Hangover is literally the worst thing 1620 puts on the air.

Edited by Xmas32
  • Plus1 1

Just now, Xmas32 said:

Vrzal needs to quit whining.  It'll be interesting if Frost getting hired finally breaks the hero worship the fan base has over ex-Huskers being largely infallible.  I certainly get the point @ krc1995 about these guys all being competitive but it just comes across so incredibly petty.  Vrzal should redirect his energy towards improving his god awful radio show.  Husker Hangover is literally the worst thing 1620 puts on the air.

Seriously I’m over these guys. Look I get it if they don’t like Frost. Whatever. But do they love the program?  Do they not see that this fan base is dangerously fractured and this is the first thing they have rallied around in a long time. It’s about the f'ing team. Man it’s just disappointing. Keep the petty bulls#!t to yourself for a little bit and let a tortured fan base have a little fun. 

• Plus1 4

There was a girl who was mean to me once in 5th grade and once in 8th grade. It would probably bother me a little bit if she became... I dunno what the equivalent is... a Nebraska senator.

But I wouldn't go on a radio program and let my ancient grudge come out because it would make me look like a total loser.

Scott was 18-23 when these people knew him. Either get over it or pretend you're over it.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

There was a girl who was mean to me once in 5th grade and once in 8th grade. It would probably bother me a little bit if she became... I dunno what the equivalent is... a Nebraska senator.

But I wouldn't go on a radio program and let my ancient grudge come out because it would make me look like a total loser.

This is exactly what it is...20 years ago they got to haze him a bit...they got to be a dick to him...now he is/could be the hero

Listening to The Steve Sipple Segment on S&B this morning Benning asked one of his Vauge Frost needs to look within Questions. Sipple basically said that there are going to be hurt feeling because a lot of the former players IE Benning, Vrzl others want to be part of the staff in someway or have access like they did with Riley. Frost isn’t going to be as open with info as Riley was and it is going to ruffle some feathers 

11 minutes ago, hskerholic said:

Listening to The Steve Sipple Segment on S&B this morning Benning asked one of his Vauge Frost needs to look within Questions. Sipple basically said that there are going to be hurt feeling because a lot of the former players IE Benning, Vrzl others want to be part of the staff in someway or have access like they did with Riley. Frost isn’t going to be as open with info as Riley was and it is going to ruffle some feathers 

Great! Going to treat former player like Callahan!

Fire Frost!

14 minutes ago, hskerholic said:

Plus what happens to big red over reaction when we start winning again ;) 

Edited by Huskers93-97