** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, ladyhawke said:

So no Walters? (OC). What do you bet they offer him the HC?  I hope so.  That way they will have some continuity after Scott leaves.  

Yeah, I've warmed up to the idea of Walters.

But we need to start developing our own Frosts that want to come home to UCF. 

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

So according to the 247 Article - Frost will be bringing:

DC: Chinander

OL: Austin

QA: Ruud

RB: Held

QB: Verduzco

S&C: Duvall

If this is accurate, do you/we think that the OC could be a "big" name or since SF tends to call his own plays we would hire more of a position coach?

6 minutes ago, skersfan said:

I have always thought that this was not the slam dunk some people thought.  He likes those kids, and has started something rolling.  It will be a tough day for him.  Glad he decided on Nebraska, but I think it was a tough decision for him.  I never really worried about him going else where, but was concerned about bonds to UCF.

I agree.  And I also think that had he maybe not have had an undefeated season, he may still feel like he needed to finish something he started.  That's why i was cheering like hell for him in their last game, despite the fact we may have it wrapped up by now.  Let him take them to the highest levels and leave with no regrets (in terms of wins/losses).  Relationships with the kids is always going to be a hard pill to swallow, tho.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Just a rumor...but I am hearing that Moos is targeting Scott Frost.  But, who knows for sure.

It's pretty common knowledge that he's going to UF after his CCG.  I'm pretty sure Gruden is coming here.  If not I'm sure we could end up with Jimbo, Sumlin, Gundy, Brohm, Cutcliffe,  Doeren, or Leach.  Just as long as it's not that Schiano guy.

• Plus1 1

On 11/29/2017 at 8:51 PM, HuskerNation1 said:

With Ruud identified as one possible assistant, and Chinander as the DC, here is what a potential staff could look like:

OC:  TBD (would love Walters but I bet he gets the HC spot at UCF)

OL:  Greg Austin (Former Husker)

RB:  Ryan Held (Former Husker and teammate of Frost)

WR:  Keith Williams

QB:  Mario Verdusco

TE:  TBD/Open

DC:  Erik Chinander

DL:  John Parella (former Husker)

LB:  Barrett Ruud (former Husker)

DB:  Donte Williams

Special Teams/Associate HC:  Jovan Dewitt

Admin:  Meghan Taylor :)

http://www.ucfknights.com/coaches.aspx?path=football

Admin:  Todd McShane...gotta keep him

S&C:  Zach Duval (Former Husker)

If the report from 247 or Rivals was correct, this list still is looking good. Just need to find an OC

1 hour ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Until they're not.  

Interesting read on how fast others outpace updating their facilities

And, as an aside - the first picture shows Clemson's 18 hole mini golf course.  I demand right now we get one of those.

Great read. 

It just seems the Huskers facilities (and those of even Alabama and Texas) are from the last wave of innovation. They could use some updating even beyond a full overhaul.