** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

45 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

A .2 second google search would give you your answer, but essentially its a Bud Light commercial phrase goin mainstream.... DILLY DILLLY

I dislike this campaign because "dilly" wasn't slang until roughly the 30s, not medieval.  It should have been buried with Burl Ives.

And to get my post back on topic, I assume Governor Ricketts declares tomorrow Scott Frost Day.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

I dislike this campaign because "dilly" wasn't slang until roughly the 30s, not medieval.  It should have been buried with Burl Ives.

And to get my post back on topic, I assume Governor Ricketts declares tomorrow Scott Frost Day.

And Burl Ives is the true Frosty the Snowman.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, ATS Knight said:

Before Frost, we had O'Leary who everyone knew was going to retire at UCF. Even though his philosophies on college football made no sense in Central Florida, just knowing that he was going to be there and knowing that he had success elsewhere spurred us to success that we never had seen and was rare among our peers.

I'm glad that Nebraska is getting Frost. Not only does the program deserve it, but he was never going to stay at UCF long-term. I'm glad that he found a place where he will stay so early in his career and I'm confident that the long-term commitment and previous success will be just as good for y'all as it was for us.

So congrats. Treat him well... *sniff... he was good to us. 

Thanks man. That’s a helluva nice thing to say to a fan base that’s been after your coach for two months. 

I hope you guys can eventually get someone there for the long haul. I don’t know the best way to go about that because you are so hamstrung by the G5 tag that it seems any up and comer who does well is going to be the hot guy every year. Down the road maybe you do get an ex UCF guy who wants to retire there and that would be great. But in the meantime I think another OLeary type as far as age and experience is probably the best bet. I think people underestimate just how good a coach O’Leary was at times. 

It it just seems that continuing the young, hot coach Route is destined to leave you feeling jilted. At least until you can get into the P5. 

Best of luck tomorrow 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, olddominionhusker said:

Thanks man. That’s a helluva nice thing to say to a fan base that’s been after your coach for two months. 

I hope you guys can eventually get someone there for the long haul. I don’t know the best way to go about that because you are so hamstrung by the G5 tag that it seems any up and comer who does well is going to be the hot guy every year. Down the road maybe you do get an ex UCF guy who wants to retire there and that would be great. But in the meantime I think another OLeary type as far as age and experience is probably the best bet. I think people underestimate just how good a coach O’Leary was at times. 

It it just seems that continuing the young, hot coach Route is destined to leave you feeling jilted. At least until you can get into the P5. 

Best of luck tomorrow 

they're already part of the p6.

Been hearing a lot of talk, and with Florida St. opening and going after Taggert. 

Its been floated around that Oregon will pressumably go after Frost. 

Will he he listen or has Nebraska and Frost been done for a while. Or does he take a step back and start weighing his options again?

2 minutes ago, Ffejy7 said:

Been hearing a lot of talk, and with Florida St. opening and going after Taggert. 

Its been floated around that Oregon will pressumably go after Frost. 

Will he he listen or has Nebraska and Frost been done for a while. Or does he take a step back and start weighing his options again?

This has been posted in the mega thread previously.  Oregon reportedly does not consider Scott Frost ‘available’ for potential coaching vacancy.

Edited by worldsworstoutdoorsman
  • Plus1 3