** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, FTW said:

So at this point, I expect Parella and the Williams' to be retained. Both of them are solid recruiters and I think Parella did good in 2016. Diaco wasn't a good fit culturally and systemically with Williams and Parella this year and so I think they deserve more time.

Hell I think Parella did a good job this year under the circumstances 

9 minutes ago, FTW said:

I'm not going by just records I mean he won 1 NC with a good QB and then nothing burgers afterwards. The SEC is certainly a tougher conference to win in. I just don't see him doing that well and the move really doesn't make sense except the Benjamin's.

He won a conference championship, then the next year won 1 NC with a good QB, then the next year got to the playoffs with the same quarterback playing not nearly as well, then the next year made it to a NY6 bowl and finished the season ranked 14th, then the next year won the Orange Bowl and finished the season ranked 8th.

I guess if your only metric of a successful season is winning a NC then he wasn't so good, but that seems silly.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Landlord said:

He won a conference championship, then the next year won 1 NC with a good QB, then the next year got to the playoffs with the same quarterback playing not nearly as well, then the next year made it to a NY6 bowl and finished the season ranked 14th, then the next year won the Orange Bowl and finished the season ranked 8th.

I guess if your only metric of a successful season is winning a NC then he wasn't so good, but that seems silly.

The jury is out we'll see how good he is at A&M. The move IMO is a little cowardice. Money talks but it seems to most people watching this, it's like he ran at the first sign of trouble (this year's performance.)

Jimbo to A&M... I read one time that almost 82% of ALL of their alumni give at least $100 a year... think about that.  Long term, I think that is a better way to fundraising then having 4-6 giant ATM dispensing cash at a university.  Then those large contributors can't pretend to be Jerry Jones with a program.  Thoughts?

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Vizsla1 said:

Jimbo to A&M... I read one time that almost 82% of ALL of their alumni give at least $100 a year... think about that.  Long term, I think that is a better way to fundraising then having 4-6 giant ATM dispensing cash at a university.  Then those large contributors can't pretend to be Jerry Jones with a program.  Thoughts?

Or 1 Giant booster that wants to play NFL owner.

Is that 82% number referring to A&M or FSU?

1 hour ago, BartonHusker said:

Word is Matt Lubick will be the OC. Was at Oregon as well sand son of Sonny Lubick.  Also has been a WR coach. 

Yes I saw that mentioned earlier too.  It sounds like he was there with Frost when Oregon was good, so he should understand the offensive philosophy well.  I am still more concerned about the defensive staff.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Kernel Red said:

By this time tomorrow, Nebraska's new head coach will be announced.

By this time on Sunday, Nebraska's new head coach will have finished his introductory press conference in Lincoln.

Count your blessings Husker fans. We got the guy we wanted!

I would guess he is announced Sunday with a presser on Monday.   Maybe wrong though