** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

5 hours ago, brophog said:

He's an enormous risk. I've said, and will continue to say, I'd fire him in three years of he's not getting the job done as there may be little point in going past that if he can't show he can bust through this artificial ceiling we've had most of this century. If you want to compete at the highest level, you have to take risks. 

But.....the above quote also has a lot of truth. While Frost is a risk, bigger than I think most want to admit, the promise and potential of Frost has united this fan base in a way we haven't seen in forever. We got that a little in Pelini's first years but there was so much angst and division in the Solich and Callahan decisions that the on field excitement couldn't translate into off field community. Whether Frost ultimately succeeds or not, we will enter an era of unity of which is a long time coming.

Logic like this is why we might always suck. It took TO 22 years, and he actually inherited a good program.

I'm not pointing a finger at you necessarily, but some fans think that 7 or 8 wins "isn't gettingthe job done".... If we only have 8 wins for a decade, then I might agree. But after 3 years, if we've only put 8 wins together, then Frost is doing pretty well for the mess that this program has become.

We need a good coach and leader, but we also need consistency and stability. Giving up after 3 years is nonsense, it takes longer than that to establish a new system... We might have successful teams in the mean time, but it's going to take 6 or 7 years, at a minimum, to establish a consistent conference/nationally competitive program. It takes time to recruit the players you want, and structure the roster the way he'll like. Which is to say there will be some on the field inconsistency in our next 3 years - and that's no reason to give up on a guy. 

• Plus1 6

5 hours ago, skersfan said:

We have at least a year to be happy, as a group and that has been a long time coming.  Keep expectations reasonable, watch for improvement, watch Coach Frost's development.  No one knows what is going to happen, but I am going to be as positive as I can about Coach Frost.  

We were ecstatic in July and that made the crash in September do much harder. It’s fun to be excited but after the announcement and a reasonable party period maybe it’s time to temper for the long view. 

4 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

We were ecstatic in July and that made the crash in September do much harder. It’s fun to be excited but after the announcement and a reasonable party period maybe it’s time to temper for the long view. 

Can we wait until next Tuesday to seriously discus  the future of Cornhusker Football? Can we just for the next few days savor the fact that for once we got what we have been longing for.  A chance (and yeah Landlord may be correct about everything he and others have shared) a hope, an opportunity to finally right the ship. Is it too much to ask to hold off on all of that until like next Tuesday?  But for now could we please be allowed a little celebration?

Poor UCF!  This will be a day filled with expectation, exultation (if they win) and depression (even if they win it will still be a sad day for them!   Twofittyonred shared this link on the main board and I wanted to share it here.  It's a request to the UCF fans.  Good read:

https://247sports.com/college/central-florida/Article/Ryan-Bass-Emotions-aside-Scott-Frost-deserves-your-gratitude-on-Saturday-111429557

• Plus1 2

8 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Poor UCF!  This will be a day filled with expectation, exultation (if they win) and depression (even if they win it will still be a sad day for them!   Twofittyonred shared this link on the main board and I wanted to share it here.  It's a request to the UCF fans.  Good read:

https://247sports.com/college/central-florida/Article/Ryan-Bass-Emotions-aside-Scott-Frost-deserves-your-gratitude-on-Saturday-111429557

They don't deserve him. His team was 10-0 before anybody actually decided to show up for a game. He and his success was never going to be more than a convenient side-attraction in Orlando. If he turns this thing around he'll be a legend in the state of Nebraska.

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, RedNebraskan said:

You know what guys?  Tomorrow/Sunday is truly the new beginning we have waited for since Osborne.  We can put this year behind us.  We can put the last 20 years behind us and hell, we can even put the 90s behind us (appreciate it, but don't cling on to it).  Something special is starting for us soon.  This one definitely feels different than the rest of the hires.  Hope. Loyalty.  Passion.  Knowledge.  Resume.  GBR

Edit:  Give him many years.  I don't expect a turnaround fast.

Frost and co will have their work cut out for them.  They inherit Bo's last recruiting class of 2014, the transition class that Riley tried to hold together of 2015,  two MR classes 

(2016 and 17) and a neutered 2018 class.  It is not yet known how many kids transfer out.  Frost will bring a new system that probably won't translate for a few of the current players.  Make no mistake SF and staff will work their butts off to create a winner.  SF will have Moos full support and will unify the Nebraska culture from the bottom up in a way that hasn't happened since Solich was let go. There have been issues in Lincoln for 15 years that few understood but some of those problems are getting cleared up.  I think the players for the most part want to win and believe in the goals set for them.  Most played in winning programs in high school and didn't come here to be bottom feeders.  I hope we as a fanbase don't get jaded into thinking we win the west in year one and the CCG in year two.  There are huge mountains to climb but I think we will have the right coach to lead us there.  Have patience and don't lose hope.  

• Plus1 5
1 minute ago, TonyStalloni said:

Frost and co will have their work cut out for them.  They inherit Bo's last recruiting class of 2014, the transition class that Riley tried to hold together of 2015,  two MR classes 

(2016 and 17) and a neutered 2018 class.  It is not yet known how many kids transfer out.  Frost will bring a new system that probably won't translate for a few of the current players.  Make no mistake SF and staff will work their butts off to create a winner.  SF will have Moos full support and will unify the Nebraska culture from the bottom up in a way that hasn't happened since Solich was let go. There have been issues in Lincoln for 15 years that few understood but some of those problems are getting cleared up.  I think the players for the most part want to win and believe in the goals set for them.  Most played in winning programs in high school and didn't come here to be bottom feeders.  I hope we as a fanbase don't get jaded into thinking we win the west in year one and the CCG in year two.  There are huge mountains to climb but I think we will have the right coach to lead us there.  Have patience and don't lose hope.  

GO BIG RED!!!!

• Plus1 1