** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

They don't deserve him. His team was 10-0 before anybody actually decided to show up for a game. He and his success was never going to be more than a convenient side-attraction in Orlando. If he turns this thing around he'll be a legend in the state of Nebraska.

If he doesn't, he and his family, even his third cousins twice removed, will have to flee the country to Brazil or some place.  That is what's wrong here.  There seems to be this 'second coming' kind of admiration and worship of Scott Frost.  I am just not sure why.   He did good things as a player and he has been successful as an assistant coach for the most part anyway.  As a HC, he has had one great season.  That is hardly the resume' of the next Bear Bryant or Tom Osborne or Meyer or any of a dozen other great coaches.  Nearly all the truly great coaches became great in their 50s and even 60s.  Frost is 42 or so - meaning we have to wait another 10 years for him to get into that great vintage category.   Are all the Frosties really ready to wait patiently and stop complaining about each and every little thing while he becomes great?   I am just wondering as this mob mentality is the worst I've ever seen regarding Husker football.  

I am not so sure that Husker Nation is as 'united' on this Frost Warning as some would suggest.   I know a few folks who personally know the Frost family (Scott and parents in particular) and they are fairly unanimous in their dislike and lack of respect.   I don't want to throw water on your bonfire but I think everybody needs to slow down on the Kool Aid party - its been so long and many are so thirsty its understandable but still.   Take a deep breath and get real people.  

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Edison's Enemy said:

Oh man. I was just thinking yesterday “dilly dilly is getting so annoying, it’s starting to rival the brony invasion of the early ‘10s”.

I just had to think it, didn’t I?

I'm really disappointed in Huskerboard. I figured a pony image would kick off a flood of pics that would bump us up a few pages.

2 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

MORONS ON GAMEDAY!!!!!!  "Nebraska fans should have pause with Oregon opening"  They think Frost could still go to Oregon.  Also, they said Oregon has better facilities than us.  Is that true?

Flashier facilities maybe. I wouldn't say Oregon has better facilities than us though I wouldn't say we have better facilities than Oregon either. 

7 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

If he doesn't, he and his family, even his third cousins twice removed, will have to flee the country to Brazil or some place.  That is what's wrong here.  There seems to be this 'second coming' kind of admiration and worship of Scott Frost.  I am just not sure why.   He did good things as a player and he has been successful as an assistant coach for the most part anyway.  As a HC, he has had one great season.  That is hardly the resume' of the next Bear Bryant or Tom Osborne or Meyer or any of a dozen other great coaches.  Nearly all the truly great coaches became great in their 50s and even 60s.  Frost is 42 or so - meaning we have to wait another 10 years for him to get into that great vintage category.   Are all the Frosties really ready to wait patiently and stop complaining about each and every little thing while he becomes great?   I am just wondering as this mob mentality is the worst I've ever seen regarding Husker football.  

I am not so sure that Husker Nation is as 'united' on this Frost Warning as some would suggest.   I know a few folks who personally know the Frost family (Scott and parents in particular) and they are fairly unanimous in their dislike and lack of respect.   I don't want to throw water on your bonfire but I think everybody needs to slow down on the Kool Aid party - its been so long and many are so thirsty its understandable but still.   Take a deep breath and get real people.  

You are skeptical of John Cook, so you lose credibility on judging coaches. 

BTW - it's not just NU clamoring for SF's services.  He's pretty much sought after by every open and soon to be open job.  He's this year's "IT" guy, and he's coming home.  

Don't care if no one you know likes his family or not.  Don't care if you think we're hero worshiping or not.  I'm going to keep quoting Zach Duval's interview with Rivals in that high achievers like to be around high achievers, and low achievers do not like hanging around with high achievers.  He is a high achiever, no one can argue that at all.  He is good at whatever he sets his mind to do.

Right now, he is what we need in that he brings us hope.   No one is arguing we're winning a NC this year or next (or ever again).  We want to see some quality football, and the rest will come as it may.  He gives us hope that we can compete.

• Plus1 7

Kool Aid is a Nebraska thing. How can you not drink it?

I agree there will be a tough row to hoe, but if last staff could get 4-5 wins a year, basic fundamentals and clock management could get us back to 6-7 and make people feel like we know how to play football.

If the staff is smart they'll figure out a way to maximize the current roster during the transition by tailoring O & D to their strong suits.

Riley was doing this but forgot the fundamentals and winning games part.  Riley might still be here after 4-8 if the games were competitive to the end and losses were in OT or less then 7.

• Plus1 2
10 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

MORONS ON GAMEDAY!!!!!!  "Nebraska fans should have pause with Oregon opening"  They think Frost could still go to Oregon.  Also, they said Oregon has better facilities than us.  Is that true?

Sigh... can't get here soon enough so this madness ends.  But, once he does come here, it gives us instant cred - how many open jobs has he been linked to by these clowns?

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Dilly Dilly said:

You are skeptical of John Cook, so you lose credibility on judging coaches. 

BTW - it's not just NU clamoring for SF's services.  He's pretty much sought after by every open and soon to be open job.  He's this year's "IT" guy, and he's coming home.  

Don't care if no one you know likes his family or not.  Don't care if you think we're hero worshiping or not.  I'm going to keep quoting Zach Duval's interview with Rivals in that high achievers like to be around high achievers, and low achievers do not like hanging around with high achievers.  He is a high achiever, no one can argue that at all.  He is good at whatever he sets his mind to do.

Right now, he is what we need in that he brings us hope.   No one is arguing we're winning a NC this year or next (or ever again).  We want to see some quality football, and the rest will come as it may.  He gives us hope that we can compete.

I partially agree with you. Scott Frost isn't coming here to finish 2nd or 3rd in the conference or even the West division. His goal has and always will be to win a national championship but to do it here is his ultimate dream. He'll work towards that for as long as it takes and I certainly think there is a serious possibility that Nebraska can be what Wisconsin is now.

And when you have a good Nebraska team and a good Wisconsin team battling it out for division titles every year, that's going to start a rivalry. That's a realistic scenario, IMO.

• Plus1 2