** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, Landlord said:

I like arguing on internet messageboards because it's fun. Not too different than most others, I'd imagine. My argument is that it's bad form to compare and condescendingly scoff at a smaller fanbase in a huge city full of transplants who didn't grow up in the area rooting for the local teams and who have tons of other things and distractions around them. Also, that the people that show up for the games are just as much fans as we are, so, again, who are you talking about? 

Are you interested in actually explaining your position? 

Their administration, their alums their #1 enrollment numbers in the United States. They have a student body of 65,000 but can't get 45,000 to show up? I believe their administration are the ones saying they want P5 as well as their fans. I don't care why they can't fill their stadium- the point is if they can't they won't get a P5 offer or ever keep a guy like frost. 

• Plus1 2

18 minutes ago, Landlord said:

There's a reason that all Florida city sports teams struggle with attendance, and why Nebraska is the only school in the country to get 8,000 people to volleyball games. The reason isn't because their fans suck and we are the best, or their programs suck or they're bad people or anything like that. If you can't figure out what the reason is, then that's on you.

No, just no. It is called loyalty and fandom. We are more invested as fans period. The team is undefeated and ranked in the top 15!!!!! I get it they have issues filling the stadium but my god they cannot give tickets away. As was mentioned before they need 1.8% of Orlando to show up to fill it. That isn't even counting the section that is blue at the game that helps fill that little thing. 

I compared Ames because of how tiny the town is in comparison to Orlando. If 1.8% of Ames shows up to Jack Trice how many fans are in attendance? 

It is all about fan and fan culture. People pick what they want to do and prioritize what they want to do. Less than 1.8% of Orlando felt it was worth going to a top 20 matchup to decide a conference championship. If you cannot see that then that is on you. 

• Plus1 9
Just now, desertshox said:

but you dont know so you assume the worst?

Sure I do, because I’ve seen many people on here talk about going to games in Orlando wearing Nebraska stuff or taking photos with frost, while wearing Nebraska gear. Look I’m all for supporting the huskers, but I just think it’s in bad faith to rub it in to the UCF fans, as many of the level headed ones know they’re losing their coach to another program. No reason to add salt to the wound. If you can’t see that there’s something wrong with that, then I can’t help you. So many people jumped on a simple comment cause the circle jerk for Scott is real. 

How is would you feel if back in the 90s Osborne was going to Alabama and all of a sudden people start showing up to memorial stadium in crimson tide gear? I’d venture to guess that several people, myself included would be pissed. And before people are quick to say Osborne wouldn’t go to Bama or wasn’t offered the Bama job, I know it’s just a hypothetical question. 

• Plus1 1

Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

No, just no. It is called loyalty and fandom. We are more invested as fans period. The team is undefeated and ranked in the top 15!!!!! I get it they have issues filling the stadium but my god they cannot give tickets away. As was mentioned before they need 1.8% of Orlando to show up to fill it. That isn't even counting the section that is blue at the game that helps fill that little thing. 

I compared Ames because of how tiny the town is in comparison to Orlando. If 1.8% of Ames shows up to Jack Trice how many fans are in attendance? 

It is all about fan and fan culture. People pick what they want to do and prioritize what they want to do. Less than 1.8% of Orlando felt it was worth going to a top 20 matchup to decide a conference championship. If you cannot see that then that is on you. 

I can see it just fine. I understand why. We are more invested because we were likely born in the state, indoctrinated from before we can even remember, and have less things immediately surrounding us competing for our time. 

36 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Every coaching hire other than Nick Saban and Urban Meyer is a big risk. It's all about making the best guess you can and being comfortable with what you gamble.

Charlie Strong was wanted by everybody.

P.J. Fleck was wanted by everybody.

Jim McElwain was wanted by everybody.

Bret Bielema was getting elite results at Wisconsin.

Tom Herman was wanted by everybody.

Kevn Sumlin was wanted by everybody.

There are plenty of other examples, but reality is that all coaching hires are gambles, and coaching hires from G5 schools even more so. What big time splash hires from G5 schools in the last 10 years have won championships? Can you tell me? 

Landlord, you used the word "big risk". Okay, ya.  But who of those available would anyone want that offer less risk? Finally, the post being referred to said, "enormous risk".  Big difference and use of words.  If that is the case then every Husker fan clambering for Frost are complete idiots, including all other fan basses wanting Frost.

"Enormous": marked by extraordinarily great size, number, or degree;especially : exceeding usual bounds or accepted notions

"risk": expose (someone or something valued) to danger, harm, or loss.

6 minutes ago, desertshox said:

i have enough responses to show how asinine this gripe actually is, just didnt really think it would take more than one. we all knew there would be red in the crowd.

Dont really think it’s an asinine comment, but to each their own. I also think Dilly Dilly was being serious. 

17 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I'm not quite sure what your arguments are. It seems all you do is wait for other people to post and you argue with them. I went to college with a guy who thought he was smarter than everyone and just argued about everything to prove how smart he was. Is your name Adam by chance? 

I've never met a cool Adam. Landlord, if you change your name to Adam, you can choose my new profile name.