** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

11 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Perhaps....lets pray Chinander is staying in Orlando.

6 minutes ago, Football Guy Bob said:

To be fair they are playing the number two offense in the country.

You have to take into account competition they play. How many points do you think Memphis score against teams like Wiscy, Clemson, Bama, Auburn, Georgia? We need to quit settling for good, we should go for championships and I guarantee if Frost comes and his defense looks like crap it wont be long before the fan base starts to get restless. We are going to go up against defenses that will be able to slow his offense up at times. Will we be able to stop their offenses?

2 minutes ago, fire mike said:

Dont really think it’s an asinine comment, but to each their own. I also think Dilly Dilly was being serious. 

she probably was, and i agree with what she said but there is no point in getting upset over something you cant control and knew would have happened in the first place. which is why i didnt make another comment to keep that discussion going.

Just now, desertshox said:

she probably was, and i agree with what she said but there is no point in getting upset over something you cant control and knew would have happened in the first place. which is why i didnt make another comment to keep that discussion going.

I agree and I shouldn’t have said s#!t in the original post. It came off harsher than it probably should’ve. I’m not super upset, would just prefer our fans to be the “greatest fans in college football” and respect other teams - regardless of whether the can sell out their stadium or not - and let them have their 15 minutes of fame without pissing in the Cheerios. 

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, C N Red said:

You have to take into account competition they play. How many points do you think Memphis score against teams like Wiscy, Clemson, Bama, Auburn, Georgia? We need to quit settling for good, we should go for championships and I guarantee if Frost comes and his defense looks like crap it wont be long before the fan base starts to get restless. We are going to go up against defenses that will be able to slow his offense up at times. Will we be able to stop their offenses?

how would his defense do with comparable talent as those teams? or are we saying UCF has comparable talent on defense as those teams already?

37 minutes ago, Landlord said:

There's a reason that all Florida city sports teams struggle with attendance, and why Nebraska is the only school in the country to get 8,000 people to volleyball games. The reason isn't because their fans suck and we are the best, or their programs suck or they're bad people or anything like that. If you can't figure out what the reason is, then that's on you.

I think most all of this can be true. They have way more to do there than we do in Nebraska. They're not bad people. But we're obviously the more loyal (aka better) fan base.

2 minutes ago, fire mike said:

I agree and I shouldn’t have said s#!t in the original post. It came off harsher than it probably should’ve. I’m not super upset, would just prefer our fans to be the “greatest fans in college football” and respect other teams - regardless of whether the can sell out their stadium or not - and let them have their 15 minutes of fame without pissing in the Cheerios. 

Yes - act like the self-proclaimed greatest fans and have some respect.  Again - this is about them, not about us.  If this was NOT Frost's last game there, then by all means, wear the red proud.  But, wearing red TODAY is tacky as hell.  Obviously just my opinion, and here is where i chose to express it.

• Plus1 3

18 minutes ago, fire mike said:

Sure I do, because I’ve seen many people on here talk about going to games in Orlando wearing Nebraska stuff or taking photos with frost, while wearing Nebraska gear. Look I’m all for supporting the huskers, but I just think it’s in bad faith to rub it in to the UCF fans, as many of the level headed ones know they’re losing their coach to another program. No reason to add salt to the wound. If you can’t see that there’s something wrong with that, then I can’t help you. So many people jumped on a simple comment cause the circle jerk for Scott is real. 

How is would you feel if back in the 90s Osborne was going to Alabama and all of a sudden people start showing up to memorial stadium in crimson tide gear? I’d venture to guess that several people, myself included would be pissed. And before people are quick to say Osborne wouldn’t go to Bama or wasn’t offered the Bama job, I know it’s just a hypothetical question. 

I think the Better analogy would have been if Osborne was going to the Broncos and people wore broncos jerseys.  I would have just laughed I guess

Edited by shyndy
Just now, Dilly Dilly said:

Yes - act like the self-proclaimed greatest fans and have some respect.  Again - this is about them, not about us.  If this was NOT Frost's last game there, then by all means, wear the red proud.  But, wearing red TODAY is tacky as hell.  Obviously just my opinion, and here is where i chose to express it.

+1

3 minutes ago, desertshox said:

how would his defense do with comparable talent as those teams? or are we saying UCF has comparable talent on defense as those teams already?

Either one of these teams would destroy the Nebraska D. 

Who is the winner projected to play in the Peach Bowl?  Hopefully another top 25 team.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Landlord said:

Every coaching hire other than Nick Saban and Urban Meyer is a big risk. It's all about making the best guess you can and being comfortable with what you gamble.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/carriker/carriker-chronicles-all-the-clues-seem-to-lead-to-a/article_166d64aa-d626-11e7-adf4-2737b98604fe.html

Charlie Strong was wanted by everybody.

P.J. Fleck was wanted by everybody.

Jim McElwain was wanted by everybody.

Bret Bielema was getting elite results at Wisconsin.

Tom Herman was wanted by everybody.

Kevn Sumlin was wanted by everybody.

There are plenty of other examples, but reality is that all coaching hires are gambles, and coaching hires from G5 schools even more so. What big time splash hires from G5 schools in the last 10 years have won championships? Can you tell me? 

That’s completely different then what the post we were replying to was inferring. Frost is the lowest risk hire Nebraska could make outside of the ludicrous and unrealistic examples you cited. If your point is all hires outside of two guys(I would argue Dabo is pretty close to them risk wise) are high risk fine, but for this school and this fan base this is the lowest risk option. The overwhelming majority of this fan base is demanding the guy. He is a native. A past football hero. What this translates into the ability to get someone here who is not only qualified but also is going to be afforded the time and patience that is likely to be needed to turn this thing around. People hate to admit they are/were wrong. Frost will get the time other similarly qualified guys like Fuente likely would not. 

So yeah all hires are risks but this was the lowest risk hire we could conceivably make in our current situation. 

To answer your other question Chris Peterson. PAC 12 champion year 3 at Washington. Unless you are talking only about national championships, but by your own admission in the Fisher discussion that’s a pretty harsh metric as the only measure of success

Edited by olddominionhusker
  • Plus1 1