** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Although no Iowa and Iowa State fan, I have lurked in this forum at every coaching change. I am happy to see Nebraska get a class guy like Scott Frost. It is always nice when timing and opportunity both cross to bring back such a guy to his alma mater. He could very well coach the rest of his days there. That said, there are a few things that the fan base may want to consider (looking from the outside)

Go back to being great fans. Don't boo the coaching staff, opposing players, or your own players on a regular basis. I am certain that everybody in your circle knows that you could do better, but you cannot expect everybody to be equally as great.

Stay in the stadium till the game is done. Don't say that you are sending a message to the coaches, you are typically leaving because your team is losing, and once again you get frustrated because you could coach, throw, run, coach, and whatever better than anybody else.

Let Scott Frost pick his own coaching staff and players. Most realize that he is not as good as it as you are, but one would hope that he would do OK. Support his decisions.

Remember the past, but most of those memmories happened long ago. Measuring Coach Frost against Osborn or Devaney is just not fair.

Seriously, I wish you all luck and I hope that Nebraska can get back to where they are relive the once again. I also hope that the fan base can find a way to get back there also. Today could be the rebirth of a great program, but everybody has to do their part. 

Just a thought for many of you to ponder, I am not looking to pick a fight or get into a "my team is better than yours" argument.

• Plus1 4

7 minutes ago, tfree32 said:

The news about Frost having cold feet and remorse about coming to Nebraska kind of puts a damper on the excitement.

To be fair they say that about every touch. Take what they said about Jimbo for example.