** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 hours ago, Beez said:

LOL @ the "Bielema ate my other sign" sign in the background.  

What the hell is Dinardo's beef with our facilities? This isn't the first time this year he's bagged on them. Pretty sure we still have some of the top facilities in the nation, no?

• Plus1 1

Not to create or further incite the crazy expectations crew but the SEC Championship game currently features a team that has a 2nd year coach who went 6-5 last year. Now the cupboard wasn’t nearly as bare for UGA nor is recruiting as tough (Georgia is easily a top 3 state for football recruits) but is shows the upside that can occur when you bring in the “right” guy. Kirby, like SF was a former player for the team he is currently coaching. Here’s to hoping we have a similar trajectory!  

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, HuskerInATL said:

Not to create or further incite the crazy expectations crew but the SEC Championship game currently features a team that has a 2nd year coach who went 6-5 last year. Now the cupboard wasn’t nearly as bare for UGA nor is recruiting as tough (Georgia is easily a top 3 state for football recruits) but is shows the upside that can occur when you bring in the “right” guy. Kirby, like SF was a former player for the team he is currently coaching. Here’s to hoping we have a similar trajectory!  

And look at Miami with their alum, Richt.

• Plus1 1

Just want to get into the Megathread one last time and celebrate!! I am glad that Scott is coaching the bowl game, it's not going to affect the recruiting class that much. I am guessing he'll focus on recruiting up until 12/20 for the early signing date. Then he can honestly back off a bit, win a bowl game with UCF, which will be good for NU recruiting and then be officially home and focus on the rest of the class up through the second signing day! 

Also, it's interesting that the UCF AD said he's searching for a replacement "for weeks." I am thinking the AD and SF had talked and he knew what was going on longer than we thought!

Edited by Husker56
1 hour ago, FTW said:

Now that the cat is out of the bag, I said the information would leak today about a week ago. Frost signed in Philadelphia and has assembled his plans for Lincoln since then. Tom Osborne did have a lot of pull in this whole thing and so did former players. It was hilarious to watch our fan base sort of panic the entire time. Moos and Frost played chess against each other with Florida and Chip Kelly when there was a verbal agreement in place until a contract was in place. The day Florida tried to court him a second time, he was already ours, FWIW.

Id love to hear more if you are willing to share

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

And look at Miami with their alum, Richt.

Yeah, I forgot about Ritch. I don’t like him much as a coach as he has done less with more than just about any coach in history. He had teams that were absolutely loaded and still managed at least 1 $h1t the bed game a year. Example this year being Virginia beating Miami. But similar situation to Kirby and UGA, although a year sooner.