** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 hour ago, Jack Platte said:

Don't get too excited yet.  I remember people doing backflips after Callahan's first full year when he recruited some highly rated players - Marlon Lucky and Harrison Beck come to mind? - with people almost wetting third pants with predictions of immediate return to glory,  NC's in two years, Heisman Trophies, etc.  Beck transferred, Lucky was just fairly good, and Callahan fell flat on his face.

Lol completely different feel. And at the very least Frost brings excitement and hope to the fan base and program. We haven't had that in at least 10 years.

• Plus1 1

Don't get too excited yet.  I remember people doing backflips after Callahan's first full year when he recruited some highly rated players - Marlon Lucky and Harrison Beck come to mind? - with people almost wetting third pants with predictions of immediate return to glory,  NC's in two years, Heisman Trophies, etc.  Beck transferred, Lucky was just fairly good, and Callahan fell flat on his face.

Yeah we should continue to be cynical and divided and just overall miserable ***** because that’s much more fun and productive

Edited by BIGREDIOWAN
Don't circumvent the filter please.
  • Plus1 3
8 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

Yeah we should continue to be cynical and divided and just overall miserable ***** because that’s much more fun and productive

I don't think anyone was excited about Callahan. Like the guy said on the radio, This is former Nebraska players taking control of a situation that was destroyed by a bunch of outside screw ups.

• Plus1 3

Let me guess - you're going to be one of those people who says "I told you so" when we lose a game or dont get a recruit.  Have fun in your miserable life.  The rest of us have a pretty sunny outlook right now, and for good reason.  Country club football is over now.  Wins and losses may not be what we like the first year or even 2nd, but we're going to get max effort from those guys on our football team from here on out.  GBR!!!

I also remember people like me, and there were a lot of them. I was pissed about crappy defense, a sorry offense, and a losing season. My guess is that no more than 50% of Nebraska fans were happy with Billy after year one.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

I think the transition will go smoother and quicker because our AD looked our coach and kids in the eye and explained his decision. Then our coach respectfully told his guys to appreciate where they are and realize the great opportunity they have. Eichorst hurt his own hire the way he went about firing Bo. There is no division or confusion this time around. 

Correct. Our last AD was a weasel, and it caused problems with Bo, and the transition. I also believe SE made MR a worse coach.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

Here’s an idea for you. Make a pinned post telling everyone how smart you are and how little everyone else knows and call it a day. 

I'm already following your advice about being cynical and divided and just an overall miserable ***. I can't be those things and then also go to the effort of a post like that.