** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

32 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

Difference in coach. Scott Frost comes from a locker room that was running around the field after winning the AAC championship game almost in tears chasing down his players to give them hugs, while his players chased him down to give him hugs.

Callahan came from a locker room that thought he sabotaged the super bowl.

Also we are wiser as a fan base today in what we want, we are a more seasoned "less spoiled" fan base. We have experienced horrible failure for 16 years so we know what we want and need. We are not enamored by shiny objects we want substance. I think we are better for it and have the potential to learn from it and be even better fans- more appreciative of what's in front of us. 

16 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Also we are wiser as a fan base today in what we want, we are a more seasoned "less spoiled" fan base. We have experienced horrible failure for 16 years so we know what we want and need. We are not enamored by shiny objects we want substance. I think we are better for it and have the potential to learn from it and be even better fans- more appreciative of what's in front of us. 

I would say that's true.  Back then it was too close to the Osborne years - one of the most extraordinary coaching performances of our time - and the fan base  thought it was a God given right to be in the hunt for a NC every year, so everyone was quick to believe that Callahan would deliver, because that's just how it was meant to be at Nebraska.  Reality was a shock.  

But I wouldn't categorize Pelini's years as 'horrible failure'.  

5 minutes ago, Jack Platte said:

I would say that's true.  Back then it was too close to the Osborne years - one of the most extraordinary coaching performances of our time - and the fan base  thought it was a God given right to be in the hunt for a NC every year, so everyone was quick to believe that Callahan would deliver, because that's just how it was meant to be at Nebraska.  Reality was a shock.  

But I wouldn't categorize Pelini's years as 'horrible failure'.  

Pelini was not the full package he brought a toxic angry environment pitting players against fans. That toxic mentality led to huge blowouts by giving up early in games. 

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Pelini was not the full package he brought a toxic angry environment pitting players against fans. That toxic mentality led to huge blowouts by giving up early in games. 

I agree with the us against the world, but I do not think the team gave. Remember that Callahan never won a game when trailing at the half. Bo had many big comebacks, including the biggest comeback in school history, which was against OSU.

47 minutes ago, Thurston from Pender said:

Scott was beyond brilliant in the news conference today. He hit the right notes and tone.

This year is also the 150th year of statehood. A great year indeed.

Scott is the 30th Head Coach of Nebraska

Nebraska has won 5 national championships

Nebraska is 150 years old

30x5=150

150 national championships confirmed.

• Plus1 3