** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

17 minutes ago, HuskerMan said:

Go going off today's presser I get the impression Scott would have turned down the job three years ago given the admin in place at the time.

That's what I gathered as well. When he said I'm glad they didn't call or something along those lines I was like, "Yep, he probably would've said no due to the leadership at the time." The stars aligned to make this possible or god knows who would be here or if Riley would've been fired. 

I get that Scott was ticked about Eichorst never calling him, but I really think he needs to put some context behind that.  Eichorst was so distant and the exact opposite of what the program needed.  I'm not sure he should even bother with having anger towards Eichorst.  Eichorst isn't worth any more wasted emotion.  That period is over.

1 minute ago, 614Husker said:

I get that Scott was ticked about Eichorst never calling him, but I really think he needs to put some context behind that.  Eichorst was so distant and the exact opposite of what the program needed.  I'm not sure he should even bother with having anger towards Eichorst.  Eichorst isn't worth any more wasted emotion.  That period is over.

I like how he responded to that issue during the pressed-that he was glad they didn't contact him 3 years ago.   I'm glad that Scott had some time to grow, to have some experience as a head coach. 

8 minutes ago, 614Husker said:

I don't think was "anger", it was honest.  And to you pretty much agree according to this post.  Eichorst screwed the pooch from the get go.  

2 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

I don't know much about his time in Stanford.  How did he do when he played there?

Just off my memory, Frost was good enough to play Safety as a true freshman and also played some QB during his 2 years there. Word is that Walsh tried to alter Frost’s throwing motion, and it really hampered his accuracy at QB. At NU, Frost always kinda throw like a shot putter, but was a good enough dual threat guy to be effective.

• Plus1 2

6 hours ago, olddominionhusker said:

Wisconsin Had no margin for error with their schedule. Bama didn’t take down any world beaters either but still had a few top 20 wins and I think that probably swayed it. 

They have wins over #25 Fresno State, #24 Mississippi State and #16 LSU, and lost to a non-playoff team by 12. There's a good argument that two of those three should not be ranked, and are only ranked to prop up Alabama's SoS, imo. 

What the committee is doing is de-incentivizing teams to schedule legitimate OOC opponents. If Ohio State would have lost to Iowa but never played Oklahoma, they'd be in the playoff. They have wins over #6 Michigan, #9 Penn State, and #19 Michigan State, and lost to a playoff team by 15. Worse loss, way better wins, including a championship. 

idk, i get the different arguments, but the argument should be the most deserving more than an ambiguous 'the best team (we think)'.

• Plus1 4
19 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

It would make the decision easier if they considered conference play as a qualifier.

If you don't win your conference you're disqualified from the playoffs. Period.

Regular season or conference championship?

4 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I think he meant 30. We are striking the last 3 from the record and pretending it didn't happen 

Not going to even qualify them as "coaches"...lol...I like the idea.

• Plus1 1