** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Being a UF alum doesn't qualify him as having better sources.  You know nothing at all about this guy.

And people want to blindly trust FootballScoop just because even after they had the Arky coach coming to Nebraska. Look, some people will continue to be up and down about all of this until the day this is all done. SOme are pretty confident in their belief. 

Half of the coaches in college football fit under what Steve SPurrier said when the regular season is done. People just want to jump the gun to it being Frost because they are fearful that he wouldn't come. 

Spurrier is talking about Strong at USF - 9 years at Florida, has FLorida connections, and can be there without fear before the December signing period.

Here is the actual quote from Spurrier. Note he says 3 to 4 weeks. If Coach Frost wants to coach the bowl game then that doesn't fit this timeline. Nor would he say 3 weeks when it is pretty clear UCF has a great chance of coaching the conference title game. He would say about 4 weeks if he was talking directly about Forst. The coach eis talking about is Strong at USF. 

No matter which job Frost takes he most likely will not coach in the bowl game because of the early signing period.  None of what Spurrier says points to Strong.  All indications have been that Frost has been seriously considered, and only one person (random UF guy in TX) has mentioned Strong.

3 minutes ago, Football Guy Bob said:

No matter which job Frost takes he most likely will not coach in the bowl game because of the early signing period.  None of what Spurrier says points to Strong.  All indications have been that Frost has been seriously considered, and only one person (random UF guy in TX) has mentioned Strong.

It points to Strong. I know you are afraid of it being Frost. Three weeks from today is Dec. 1. Coach Frost isn't going to go public about taking any job before that date. 4 weeks puts us after their conference title game. If he was talking directly about Frost he would have been specific at about 4 weeks. 

Edited by jessica0
Just now, jessica0 said:

It points to Strong. I know you are afraid of it being Frost. Three weeks from today is Nov. 1. Coach Frost isn't going to go public about taking any job before that date. 4 weeks puts us after their conference title game. If he was talking directly about Frost he would have been specific at about 4 weeks. 

Lol wut? Your argument hinges on the fact he said 3-4 weeks as opposed to just saying 4 weeks? 

• Plus1 1

Just now, jessica0 said:

It points to Strong. I know you are afraid of it being Frost. Three weeks from today is Nov. 1. Coach Frost isn't going to go public about taking any job before that date. 4 weeks puts us after their conference title game. If he was talking directly about Frost he would have been specific at about 4 weeks. 

I’m not afraid it’s about Frost because I haven’t put all of my eggs in the Frost basket, and like I stated I don’t expect him to come here anyway.

You’re reaching with the 3 week and 4 week narrative, and yeah no s#!t Frost isn’t going to say anything public because he’s the one with all of the leverage.

1 minute ago, jessica0 said:

It points to Strong. I know you are afraid of it being Frost. Three weeks from today is Dec. 1. Coach Frost isn't going to go public about taking any job before that date. 4 weeks puts us after their conference title game. If he was talking directly about Frost he would have been specific at about 4 weeks. 

No, it doesn't. It points to nobody in particular. You're working towards legendary status on this board.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

No, it doesn't. It points to nobody in particular. You're working towards legendary status on this board.

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out why that tweet had any meaning what so ever. The only thing I can take away from it is that the future coach is a CFB coach who is on a bowl eligible team (maybe?). 

So I guess Mike Riley not to Florida confirmed?