** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

I think it's pretty telling that NU has reached out to UCF to express an interest in Frost when:

a) Riley is still here

b) No statement by Moos saying Riley will be terminated

NU would not have leaked this interest if Frost has not agreed in part to come to NU.  If it was a shot in the dark and not rounds on steel, the info wouldn't have leaked.  If Frost and NU  haven't agreed, then our "next" guy is the second choice or worse.  With the season NU has had, the rumors about the team/staff BS, no way NU could handle (or Moos) the PR nightmare tha would start with Cally search 2.0.....Moos comments earlier abaout Frost, the rumored contact etc, IMHO, point to Frost being the next HC at NU....

If he is not, a lot of folks have been fooled and even more will be disappointed.  With possibly the worst season since 1961 a real possibility, the hiring of Frost would rejuvenate the fan base, the team, put NU in the national spotlight in a positive manner and jump start our downward spiraling recruiting.....

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

I think it's pretty telling that NU has reached out to UCF to express an interest in Frost when:

a) Riley is still here

NU would not have leaked this interest if Frost has not agreed in part to come to NU.  If it was a shot in the dark and not rounds on steel, the info wouldn't have leaked.  If Frost and NU  haven't agreed, then our "next" guy is the second choice or worse.  With the season NU has had, the rumors about the team/staff BS, no way NU could handle (or Moos) the PR nightmare tha would start with Cally search 2.0.....Moos comments earlier abaout Frost, the rumored contact etc, IMHO, point to Frost being the next HC at NU....

If he is not, a lot of folks have been fooled and even more will be disappointed.  With possibly the worst season since 1961 a real possibility, the hiring of Frost would rejuvenate the fan base, the team, put NU in the national spotlight in a positive manner and jump start our downward spiraling recruiting.....

Nobody from UCF or Nebraska shot it down. You know they will have been alerted/asked if this was true. IMO, that tells us a lot. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, lo country said:

a) Riley is still here

This seems reasonable. To be fair though, it's possible someone unaffiliated with Nebraska leaked it.

It's possible, although maybe not likely, that Frost's agent is playing Nebraska and Florida off each other with the ultimate goal of sending Frost to Florida at an incredibly high price.

Edited by Hans Gruber
Added last sentence
5 minutes ago, lo country said:

a) Riley is still here

very good reasoning.

I have a question.  Scott Frost is currently being paid $1.7M annually.  I googled it.  What do you suppose we will offer to pull him back home?

7 minutes ago, lo country said:

a) Riley is still here

Pretty much everything I was thinking

1 minute ago, Kiz said:

very good reasoning.

I have a question.  Scott Frost is currently being paid $1.7M annually.  I googled it.  What do you suppose we will offer to pull him back home?

It's going to be North of 4 million.

His pool of money for his assistants will be large, to say the least.

3 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

It's going to be North of 4 million.

His pool of money for his assistants will be large, to say the least.

It better be. There is absolutely no reason we shouldn't be paying top dollar for football. It was arrogance from ADs thinking they could hire big time winners on the cheap. 

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, hskrpwr13 said:

To me, "expressing interest" doesn't equate to any level of hiring agreement. Just means NU is following the industry standard of informing current employer that an offer may soon be coming (or perhaps an offer WILL be coming).

Could that mean the rumored behind the scenes negotiations are about to become in front of the scenes deals?

4 minutes ago, hskrpwr13 said:

To me, "expressing interest" doesn't equate to any level of hiring agreement. Just means NU is following the industry standard of informing current employer that an offer may soon be coming (or perhaps an offer WILL be coming).

Schools are contacted if the school wants to speak with their coach. Nebraska is the only name mentioned in public to have contacted UCF. Nobody has said anything about UF calling UCF to speak with Scott Frost. All we can do is assume that all of the UF and Scott Frost stuff was through the agent. If Scott Frost never gave UF a yes answer, there is no reason for UF to give UFC a call. If Scott Frost said yes to Nebraska, then I can see why Nebraska contacted UCF. Speak to caoch and buyout. 

1 hour ago, jessica0 said:

I see nothing wrong with the author saying that. He is a native Ohio guy, coached at Toledo. I see him getting a job at PSU, MI or OSU eventually. 

Actually knowing a little bit about Campbell's background, I wouldn't be surprised if he stays at Iowa State for 20 years. 

1 minute ago, Sparker said:

Could that mean the rumored behind the scenes negotiations are about to become in front of the scenes deals?

1 minute ago, jessica0 said:

Schools are contacted if the school wants to speak with their coach. Nebraska is the only name mentioned in public to have contacted UCF. Nobody has said anything about UF calling UCF to speak with Scott Frost. All we can do is assume that all of the UF and Scott Frost stuff was through the agent. If Scott Frost never gave UF a yes answer, there is no reason for UF to give UFC a call. If Scott Frost said yes to Nebraska, then I can see why Nebraska contacted UCF. Speak to caoch and buyout. 

It certainly COULD mean these things. I guess the best way we'll get an answer is if something is announced within a week after Black Friday. Any longer than that, and it probably won't be clear what was meant. 

Either way, hoping you all's take on the situation is accurate. :)