Last 5 yrs, 115 jobs open, only 7 left a P5 school for a new school

jessica0

5 hours ago, Danimal said:

I don't see where he implied he didn't like Mormon's, just implied that climbing the coaching ladder may not be the most important thing to either of those coaches.  Mendenhall already made the jump, and to what was a crappy program at that, I think he would be very interested. He did good things at BYU and while his first year at UVA sucked they are really rolling now.  He wouldn't top my list but he'd be a solid hire.

It was a tongue in cheek comment on my part, haha. Mendenhall is a good fit for UVA but Nebraska? Not so sure. Just like the guy at Navy. The only fit would be if he brought his offensive scheme over then that would take years to implement.

I really think the next hire, based on things I've heard of Moos, he's going to try to knock it out of the ball park.

Edited by FTW
1 hour ago, jessica0 said:

That would depend on if one would consider N.C. State to Nebraska as a major step up. I don't. So it wouldn't fit what the data shows. If such a move happened it would be a rare event. 

I get it.  I was just joking around a bit.  I saw they were extending his contract in an article from the 10th of this month.  I wonder if that's a done deal already.  It hasn't been reported if it is...  p.s. - ISU and Utah don't seem to be having any success running the ball (or maybe their offenses don't prioritize that?).

Edited by beorach

15 hours ago, FTW said:

Bronco Mendenhall - Mormon

I guess he's not on your short list either. You don't like Mormons, do you?

It is not a question of liking or disliking Mormons.  I live in a pretty high density Mormon area. They are very nice, hardworking, family oriented people.  They also stick fairly close together. Most Mormons are comfortable around other Mormons.  It really is that simple.  Wittingham is not leaving Utah and coming to Nebraska to coach.  

Harsin at BSU is interesting.  They are not as good as in the past this year and are currently sitting 4-2. They are pretty young.   They should be 5-1 they were up on Washington St.  31-10 with about 9 minutes left in the game and made a couple of bone headed plays and ended up losing in OT.   Harsin is a good coach he was Peterson's OC on his really good teams when when they beat Oklahoma in 2007 and when Kellen Moore was at BSU.  I don't think he is the recruiter that Peterson was though.  He may be a BSU grad, but I don't think he wants to spend the rest of his coaching career at Boise St.  

3 hours ago, jessica0 said:

As the data shows, top of the line P5 coordinators can become head coaches at elite P5 programs. 

The names that I would target at such a position is Joe Moorhead at PSU.   38-13 as a head coach and won the B1G title last season and undefeated this season. 

I think a narative started at some point during Pelini that we need someone with HC experience. Now i think most fans wont even consider a coordinator. If we looked back at Bo's tenure now his coaching doesnt look so bad. Some people just cant handle his personality and thats understandable. 

I for sure would like them to take a look at Moorhead and Canada. 

7 minutes ago, Blackshirts014 said:

I think a narative started at some point during Pelini that we need someone with HC experience. Now i think most fans wont even consider a coordinator. If we looked back at Bo's tenure now his coaching doesnt look so bad. Some people just cant handle his personality and thats understandable. 

I for sure would like them to take a look at Moorhead and Canada. 

Some people are wanting a Saban clone. Employed people in the SEC have fallen victim to the same mentality (see LSU). 

• Plus1 1