Poor Halloween!

5 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I would agree with all of that, actually.... But at some point, a generation needs to break those trends. Doesn't mean it's fair. Doesn't mean it's easy....

Now flip that around, see that it's not fair that you were born into advantages you don't necessarily deserve and you're not a completely self-made person only by your efforts and work ethic, and boom, you understand white privilege :P

38 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Now flip that around, see that it's not fair that you were born into advantages you don't necessarily deserve and you're not a completely self-made person only by your efforts and work ethic, and boom, you understand white privilege :P

Nah, I came from pretty humble (very poor) beginnings. Worked a full-time manufacturing job overnights for 10 years while running my Lawn/Landscaping business during the day as a solo operation for 6 of those  years. That unique work ethic is why I am where I am in life. Not my skin color.... I'm bullish on that, my friend.

Edited by B.B. Hemingway
  • Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, Landlord said:

so the reason you're successful and a native american your same age isn't is because you're a better person than them

I never said I was better than anybody. There's obviously a lot of variables, but I'll out work most people; that's where I've always seen my advantage over others.... If a Native-American my age has access to free money/housing/insurance out of the gate (beginning adulthood) and I don't have any of that, it sounds like if either of us have a leg-up on the other it'd be him over me....

Edited by B.B. Hemingway

6 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I GET THE JOKE, BECAUSE I'VE WATCHED IT 30 TIMES OVER THE LAST FEW WEEKS!

We would watch that over and over with my kids when they were younger.  We still use that quote and others from that show.

"Never jump in a pile of wet leaves with a wet sucker" and "I demand restitution" are a couple more of our favorites.