Jump to content
ScottyIce

Transfers from UCF (UCF Sucks- Who Can We Steal)?

Recommended Posts

ScottyIce    1,922

 

RB - Adrian Killins 

- could transfer, use his RS Year to sit out and have 2 years left at Nebraska.

 

QB- McKenzie Milton

- could transfer, sit out next year with his RS and have two years to play while O'Brien would be a RSJR and Gebbia would be a RSSO

 

Feel free to add more. 

Their best defender is a RS SR.

 

 

Edited by seaofred92

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
C N Red    1,364

I think we already have a fair amount more talent than them. Milton would be only one and if he doesnt nbd. You can just tell the coaching and team aspect is much better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
C N Red    1,364

Its not gonna be good if we keep Riley or if hire someone other than Frost. Matty will def have to be on suicide watch.

 

tenor.gif?itemid=4407682

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Snowbird    4

Stupid post because a very good coach with Nebraska ties will hopefully come save this program???? How dumb! 

 

Vedral would be good. 

 

Lets just hope frost is hired!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BigRedN    339

I don't know if it's a stupid post.  I'm just more convinced that there would be a greater opportunity for kids from our team to transfer to UCF or current recruits to de-commit and go to UCF then for anyone from their team come to ours.

 

We shall see ... maybe Matty knows more then we give him credit for ... ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ScottyIce    1,922
On 10/21/2017 at 6:41 PM, Cdog923 said:

This is the stupidest post and thread I have seen in awhile. 

Wow.

 

I'm not sure why there is so much hate for this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ScottyIce    1,922

I hope everyone reading this thread is thinking... Transfers after SF comes to Nebraska. Because that was the purpose. Not guys that would come here without SF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nebfanatic    1,069
13 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

I hope everyone reading this thread is thinking... Transfers after SF comes to Nebraska. Because that was the purpose. Not guys that would come here without SF.

If 'ifs' and 'buts' were candies and nuts.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ScottyIce    1,922
24 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

If 'ifs' and 'buts' were candies and nuts.....

 

Figure your life out. 0 ifs or buts in that post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nebfanatic    1,069
5 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

 

Figure your life out. 0 ifs or buts in that post.

It's implied. 'If' Scott Frost comes, which UCF players will transfer. The 'ifs' and 'buts' are all over this board. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ScottyIce    1,922
10 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

It's implied. 'If' Scott Frost comes, which UCF players will transfer. The 'ifs' and 'buts' are all over this board. 

 

It's not implied. Frost is coming. Book it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ScottyIce    1,922
5 minutes ago, Football Guy Bob said:

You did the same thing with Darnay Holmes, and we all know how that turned out.

 

This is quite different than Darnay Holmes. Wouldn't you say?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

 

This is quite different than Darnay Holmes. Wouldn't you say?

The content might be different, but many people's attitudes towards your certainty haven't.

 

You might be right in the end, just stating what I'm seeing.

Edited by MinnwiscowaSker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BigRedN    339

@MinnwiscowaSker probably hits on the issue IMHO ... it's easy to form an attitude toward members when one states an opinion and fact.  At least, that is how it comes off.  One member begins to question and wonder what the ultimate goal is ... and it seems easy to see various members trying to do what seems to be building a reputation with the latest opportunity.  In contrast, a person like @Mavric builds a reputation off of his consistency in contribution and his own wisdom of displaying the info he comes across while also being pretty clear when he is expressing an opinion.

 

Just my two cents of observation, both in this thread and those in the past 12+ years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ScottyIce    1,922
1 hour ago, MinnwiscowaSker said:

The content might be different, but many people's attitudes towards your certainty haven't.

 

You might be right in the end, just stating what I'm seeing.

Hey,

Thanks for dropping by with your input...

 

Not going to continue this to beat this drum, some folks on this board are downright IMPOSSIBLE to get along with. and with that...Goodbye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ScottyIce said:

Hey,

Thanks for dropping by with your input...

 

Not going to continue this to beat this drum, some folks on this board are downright IMPOSSIBLE to get along with. and with that...Goodbye.

sizwqikzcgjyatxpyl7n.jpg.636d76508b47af5e0967617a7fc04f7b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Redux    5,710
5 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

It's implied. 'If' Scott Frost comes, which UCF players will transfer. The 'ifs' and 'buts' are all over this board. 

 

That was the point of the thread.  If Frost ends up coming here, would any players follow him.  It's not that big of a stretch or that big of a deal, not sure why he is getting such a hard time about this.  Speculating on our next coach is probably 90% of all football related discussion on the board right now, so what's the harm discussing if any players would come with the supposed front runner.  Jeebus, the pissy attitudes and snark around here are getting to be too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Redux    5,710
4 hours ago, Football Guy Bob said:

You did the same thing with Darnay Holmes, and we all know how that turned out.

 

That would be about a recruit, not a coach.  Very different.  To be honest, my information has bern pretty good overall and my information said we were getting Darnay too.  Matty just took it too literally, kids get persuaded.  There's a reason I don't usually say much about a recruit until it's almost locked up.

Edited by Redux

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Football Guy Bob    5,081
14 minutes ago, Redux said:

 

That would be about a recruit, not a coach.  Very different.  To be honest, my information has bern pretty good overall and my information said we were getting Darnay too.  Matty just took it too literally, kids get persuaded.  There's a reason I don't usually say much about a recruit until it's almost locked up.

It’s really not as different as you think it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Redux    5,710
23 minutes ago, Football Guy Bob said:

It’s really not as different as you think it is.

 

All "imside" information is hearsay until it actually happens.  That's about the biggest comparison.  A coach vs a recruit is different, but I digress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Football Guy Bob    5,081
Just now, Redux said:

 

All "imside" information is hearsay until it actually happens.  That's about the biggest comparison.  A coach vs a recruit is different, but I digress.

There are differences but at the end of the day you have to court both, and hope someone doesn’t offer something (money or whatever a recruit likes) more than you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Redux    5,710
3 minutes ago, Football Guy Bob said:

There are differences but at the end of the day you have to court both, and hope someone doesn’t offer something (money or whatever a recruit likes) more than you.

 

If you're lucky, you get a good recruit for up to3 years.  If you're even luckier, you get a bad coaching hire for only 3 years.  That's the difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Football Guy Bob    5,081
1 hour ago, Redux said:

 

If you're lucky, you get a good recruit for up to3 years.  If you're even luckier, you get a bad coaching hire for only 3 years.  That's the difference.

I never said anything about how long they stay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Redux    5,710
28 minutes ago, Football Guy Bob said:

I never said anything about how long they stay.

 

No, I did.  Because I'm trying to point to the differences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Edison's Enemy    486
2 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

ESPN reporting mcelwain out. Gives them 2 months to move on frost before we do 

 

Huh? It’s less than a month to Black Friday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Redux    5,710

PEOPLE!  FROST IS NOT GOING TO LEAVE UCF MID SEASON!  IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT JOBS OPEN UP RIGHT NOW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zoogs    6,364

Why would Frost leave UCF at all? He's got a good thing going there. More seasoned coaches with more sterling credentials and reputations than he currently has have gone to places like TEN, FLA, and NU only to leave with their reputation in tatters.

 

It's not easy to win at these places. If things go south, Frost is going to want to be able to point to more than just a good year at UCF. Plus, his Golden Knights are probably as good or better than both a new-era Nebraska and Florida would be next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huskers93-97    500
25 minutes ago, zoogs said:

Why would Frost leave UCF at all? He's got a good thing going there. More seasoned coaches with more sterling credentials and reputations than he currently has have gone to places like TEN, FLA, and NU only to leave with their reputation in tatters.

 

It's not easy to win at these places. If things go south, Frost is going to want to be able to point to more than just a good year at UCF. Plus, his Golden Knights are probably as good or better than both a new-era Nebraska and Florida would be next year.

Every coach worth his salt wants new challenges and be real UCF is a stepping stone not a destination job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zoogs    6,364

Why is Nebraska a destination job? Parity is real. You can do pretty well at a Houston or a UCF and then pick your landing spot. An impatient school with blue blood status that wants championships soon but is blinded to how far away they are from being there....can't be an attractive option. Our only "in" with Frost would be his Nebraska ties. 

 

Nebraska, right now, seems like a good place to go and get fired in a few short years when you don't win the first conference championship since 1999. There's a lot of work to be done here. Let's be real.

 

Edited by zoogs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huskers93-97    500
10 minutes ago, zoogs said:

Why is Nebraska a destination job? Parity is real. You can do pretty well at a Houston or a UCF and then pick your landing spot. An impatient school with blue blood status that wants championships soon but is blinded to how far away they are from being there....can't be an attractive option. Our only "in" with Frost would be his Nebraska ties. 

 

Nebraska, right now, seems like a good place to go and get fired in a few short years when you don't win the first conference championship since 1999. There's a lot of work to be done here. Let's be real.

 

I was listening to 1620 the other day and they were discussing this topic. Alabama, Oklahoma, USC, penn state. All the traditional powers had runs of 15-20 year down periods and ran through coaches every 3-4 years till they got the right one. So all traditional powers do that, Nebraska didn't invent the idea. Some people are not scared of high expectations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedSavage    496
1 hour ago, zoogs said:

Why would Frost leave UCF at all? He's got a good thing going there. More seasoned coaches with more sterling credentials and reputations than he currently has have gone to places like TEN, FLA, and NU only to leave with their reputation in tatters.

 

It's not easy to win at these places. If things go south, Frost is going to want to be able to point to more than just a good year at UCF. Plus, his Golden Knights are probably as good or better than both a new-era Nebraska and Florida would be next year.

Money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huskers93-97    500

keep in mind bama was where Nebraska is before saban showed up. Michigan hasn't been nothing for 15 years or more and harbaugh came. Nebraska is 1 great hire from being back. 

 

What was Florida before and after urban? What is USC post carrol. 

 

Point being we seem light years away but a great hire brings us back quick 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Warrior10    1,919

This thread would make more sense to look at Frost's recruits not current players. Still probably pointless, but interesting.

 

Two of his top three rated guys are from IA and KS. His QB is from Mich.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huskers93-97    500
On 10/29/2017 at 5:46 PM, Redux said:

PEOPLE!  FROST IS NOT GOING TO LEAVE UCF MID SEASON!  IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT JOBS OPEN UP RIGHT NOW.

I cant speak for everyone. He wont leave but it doesnt mean he cant agree to an offer with a delayed announcement. But my thought is that Florida has no coach thus they could throw out an offer under the table right now. So Hypothetical scenario. Lets say Nebraska is #1 option for frost and florida would be #2. Say next week Florida offers $5 million a year to frost with a 2 week expiration date on the offer. That would be pretty hard to turn down that money for your #2 option if you dont even know for sure if your #1 option will have a coaching vacancy or if you will get offered the job from nebraska. It would be pretty easy for Florida to do something like that without anyone knowing. They are both in florida so tracking travel etc would be pretty hard to follow if they met.

 

My only point being they have a leg up on trying to secure him before we even know if we will fire Riley. Assuming Frost is the best candidate and who we want- that would suck to lose out to Florida.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cdog923    1,226

I hate to entertain this silly thread.....but Noah Vedral still has a RS available. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mavric    10,287
Just now, Cdog923 said:

I hate to entertain this silly thread.....but Noah Vedral still has a RS available. 

 

I tried to say last year that it would have been nice to grab him then.  Really good athlete.  Would definitely be an asset here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StPaulHusker    5,034

UCF would get their teeth kicked in by the top 4-5 of the B1G.  Not sure why people think that wouldn't happen if they transferred to Nebraska

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Redux    5,710
On 10/31/2017 at 9:53 AM, Huskers93-97 said:

I cant speak for everyone. He wont leave but it doesnt mean he cant agree to an offer with a delayed announcement. But my thought is that Florida has no coach thus they could throw out an offer under the table right now. So Hypothetical scenario. Lets say Nebraska is #1 option for frost and florida would be #2. Say next week Florida offers $5 million a year to frost with a 2 week expiration date on the offer. That would be pretty hard to turn down that money for your #2 option if you dont even know for sure if your #1 option will have a coaching vacancy or if you will get offered the job from nebraska. It would be pretty easy for Florida to do something like that without anyone knowing. They are both in florida so tracking travel etc would be pretty hard to follow if they met.

 

My only point being they have a leg up on trying to secure him before we even know if we will fire Riley. Assuming Frost is the best candidate and who we want- that would suck to lose out to Florida.

 

If Florida came at Frost with a $5million offer under the table that expires in 2 weeks he would tell them to get bent.  Not because he is waiting for a Nebraska offer, but because he is focused on his current job.  And Florida isn't stupid enough to put a deadline on an offer on a top target, that would be dumb.

 

My point is, if we are interested and Riley is all but fired, discussions have already happened between UNL and Frosts agent.  Florida being open means absolutely nothing.

Edited by Redux

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×