End of an Era.

A strange feeling has come over me. It is a bye week and I could care less that Nebraska doesn't play a game today. Usually during Husker fall Saturdays I dread the bye week. But now, I can sit in peace knowing that this coaching staff won't be embarrassing my beloved Huskers on TV. 

The Ineptitude, the incompetence, the hype, the talk, the losing, the blame... I cannot deal with it any more. Folks, we lost to NIU, and got destroyed on home turf twice in a row. Some say it is the players who play, well you are correct, but it is the coaches who build a culture. Culture can do so much for a team. Mike Riley has built a culture that is toxic and it was being laid from year one.

Remember Jordan Stevenson? the "touted" 4 star RB who didn't qualify for Wisconsin. Well the kid shows up to fall camp extremely out of shape and overweight. But behold, game one I am watching a true freshmen Stevenson thirty pounds overweight starting at kick return. A month later, Stevenson transfers. Now we have Lamar Jackson, a kid who should have redshirted starts at corner and is exposed week in and week out. What kind of culture is that? It is obvious that when Mike recruits a highly rated recruit he allows them to start from day one, all without putting in any work.

This crap is winding down now, hanging on by the skin of its teeth. We all should have known from day one. Folks this thing is not getting better and won't until Mike is gone. Please understand NEBRASKA football as a legacy deserves better. Nebraska was built on hard work.  There are no bright spots over the last three years.

every time this team fails, Mike lets it be known it is the players fault and lack of talent. It was Tommy in year one making bad decisions, it is our lack of talent this year... I am grateful that I am witnessing the end of the darkest era in Husker football I have ever seen in my life.

I guess Michigan is going to fire Harbaugh now too.  The fact that a college team gets blown out happens . The Wisconsin game was close going into 4th quarter then we fell apart. But the sad part is this effect your life so much is a joke root for your team and support them win or lose.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Otterpop said:

I guess Michigan is going to fire Harbaugh now too.  The fact that a college team gets blown out happens . The Wisconsin game was close going into 4th quarter then we fell apart. But the sad part is this effect your life so much is a joke root for your team and support them win or lose.

it  is not just the blowouts, it is NIU, it is paying his special teams coach half a million dollars, it is everything, this dude MR is not good.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Otterpop said:

By the way Harbaugh is a real coach, don't expect this Penn State game to be a blow out after the clock hits zero. 

5 minutes ago, Otterpop said:

Michigan is not happy.  Sandusky St is kicking there teeth right now 14-0 in first quarter.  Yes, a blow out happens once in a while, but not back to back games in consecutive years for nearly a decade plus a few years.

• Plus1 4

More campaigning that we need to get rid of Riley even though it's already a foregone conclusion.  More "I told you so from day one" patting self on back blathering.

I seriously can't wait for this season to be over so the experts can discuss something else.

Edited by Redux
  • Plus1 6
1 minute ago, Redux said:

More campaigning that we need to get rid of Riley even though it's already a foregone conclusion.  More "I told you so from day one" patting self on back blathering.

I seriously can't wait for this season to be over sonthe experts can discuss something else.

Expert hahahah good one man! you are hilarious. 

1 minute ago, Redux said:

Not trying to be funny.  These types of posts annoy me because it's a crappy look on our fan base.

I don't agree or understand many of your posts but I agree and understand this one.

44 minutes ago, timmytbro said:

A strange feeling has come over me. It is a bye week and I could care less that Nebraska doesn't play a game today. Usually during Husker fall Saturdays I dread the bye week. But now, I can sit in peace knowing that this coaching staff won't be embarrassing my beloved Huskers on TV. 

The Ineptitude, the incompetence, the hype, the talk, the losing, the blame... I cannot deal with it any more. Folks, we lost to NIU, and got destroyed on home turf twice in a row. Some say it is the players who play, well you are correct, but it is the coaches who build a culture. Culture can do so much for a team. Mike Riley has built a culture that is toxic and it was being laid from year one.

Remember Jordan Stevenson? the "touted" 4 star RB who didn't qualify for Wisconsin. Well the kid shows up to fall camp extremely out of shape and overweight. But behold, game one I am watching a true freshmen Stevenson thirty pounds overweight starting at kick return. A month later, Stevenson transfers. Now we have Lamar Jackson, a kid who should have redshirted starts at corner and is exposed week in and week out. What kind of culture is that? It is obvious that when Mike recruits a highly rated recruit he allows them to start from day one, all without putting in any work.

This crap is winding down now, hanging on by the skin of its teeth. We all should have known from day one. Folks this thing is not getting better and won't until Mike is gone. Please understand NEBRASKA football as a legacy deserves better. Nebraska was built on hard work.  There are no bright spots over the last three years.

every time this team fails, Mike lets it be known it is the players fault and lack of talent. It was Tommy in year one making bad decisions, it is our lack of talent this year... I am grateful that I am witnessing the end of the darkest era in Husker football I have ever seen in my life.

I mean, I guess this deserved a new thread. It's a cool story.

We can discuss how bad our next coachi is going to be next year?  Sure, lets look forward to that.  With the schedule we have next year, no matter who coaches this team, this board may look eerrly similar in parts.  The only thing is if we get a good hire, future will at least look promising for a change.

11 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Michigan is not happy.  Sandusky St is kicking there teeth right now 14-0 in first quarter.  Yes, a blow out happens once in a while, but not back to back games in consecutive years for nearly a decade plus a few years.

but they were ecstatic last year.  Like 9 million a year ecstatic