I joined HuskerBoard ten years ago today because I wanted to find out what was going on with the Callahan situation.  There were rumors he was going to get fired, so I googled "Husker football forum" and HuskerBoard was the first one to come up.  I checked out a few more, but this one felt better, so I stuck around.

Here's the front page on 10/24/07, the day after I joined, the closest day the Wayback machine has to my actual signup date.

EqWV6iB.png

And here's the active users list, showing good old moi. 

ftFa8LU.png

True story.  I stopped using HuskerBoard right after we hired Pelini.  Figured that was all I needed to know, and I didn't post here much for almost two years.  About 2009 I started cooking a lot more, and I was pulling recipes off the internet.  For some reason my "paste as plain text" feature wasn't working very well, so I got into the habit of copying recipes from their websites, then pasting them into the plain text editor version of HuskerBoard's posting window to strip away all the formatting. The convenient thing about it was that you could manually expand that window so it was pretty huge and see all your text pretty easily. 

Basically, I had wandered away from HB and only started using it again because of a board function unrelated to Husker stuff.  But then after a while of coming here over and over, I joined in the conversation again and started posting quite a bit more.  Then I got elected to be a Mod, discovered the P&R forum, and I was hooked. 

• Plus1 1

I think we've shared this before, but our sign up stories are similar and took place almost a year apart. I wanted to start following the football team closer after Pelini was hired, googled Husker football forums, found this one and signed up about a year after you.

Some of the names on the list of current actives bring back the memories. Some banned, some no longer post here and some lost to the currents of time.

Also a true story..... I came to know of the board because the infamous Knapplc mentioned it on the short-lived LJS message boards (where you could participate in debate within each blog post etc). Can't remember the context, or why it was mentioned, but I searched it, found it, read along for about 2 years, and then finally joined up around the first season in the B1G I believe.

It's a great message board..... I mean, I hate most of you:D..... but it's a great place to discuss, well, anything....

Edited by B.B. Hemingway
  • Plus1 1

I was posting mainly on a board called Bigredboard.com during that time.  Those guys were HUGE Callahan fans and totally hated Osborne, Solich, and anything related to NU's past.  They just about lost it during 2007, because they couldn't believe Callahan was failing so much.  They were handing out suspensions left and right to people who had the gall to question Callahan and the staff.  It was all very funny.  In 2007, many of the people that were posting on BRB, shifted to a site called Huskerfanclub.com.  That site started out pretty well, but they had pretty tough rules of joking around and even being too critical of NU.  Their tag line was "Serious Husker talk for the serious Husker fan".  I started posting here regularly about 3-4 years ago.  Huskerfanclub.com doesn't exist anymore.

9 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I was posting mainly on a board called Bigredboard.com during that time.  Those guys were HUGE Callahan fans and totally hated Osborne, Solich, and anything related to NU's past.  They just about lost it during 2007, because they couldn't believe Callahan was failing so much.  They were handing out suspensions left and right to people who had the gall to question Callahan and the staff.  It was all very funny.  In 2007, many of the people that were posting on BRB, shifted to a site called Huskerfanclub.com.  That site started out pretty well, but they had pretty tough rules of joking around and even being too critical of NU.  Their tag line was "Serious Husker talk for the serious Husker fan".  I started posting here regularly about 3-4 years ago.  Huskerfanclub.com doesn't exist anymore.

The HFC would be a great site for a few posters here, they would really enjoy some of the topics.

I joined September 9, 2003. Don’t remember why, I think I googled (if google was even the search engine way back then) Husker message board, liked the look and interface of this place better than a couple others so started lurking. I probably didn’t start posting much until about 2010 or so. I do remember it was a miracle that I found my user name and password when I did want to finally start posting. Almost had to create a new user and I would’ve lost that 2003 signup date which has to be one of the oldest still active.

BTW, I like how you say “started posting quite a bit more” ...nearly 18,000 posts later. :lol:

Anyway, glad you stuck around. If I recall we had some donneybrooks in P&R back in the day, before I mellowed out a bit.

• Plus1 1