If we were offering 10 million per year...

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

The thing is...the money really doesn't matter.  How much would TO be worth today?  Not how much would he take...but how much would he be worth in his prime today?  A coach that can win NC's at a football school is 100% worth his weight in gold.  

What do you think booster donations would be like if the Skers were doing what they did back in the mid 90's.  Just a guess, but if TO was making 10 million I am guessing that boosters would be covering about 75% of that each year.

Bama boosters just paid off Saban's house...not because they felt like they had to do it but because they know it is a smart move.  

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/11772033/alabama-crimson-tide-boosters-pay-coach-nick-saban-home

The Alabama boosters are willing to go to the next level.  Our boosters have money, but not sure if we could get to that level or if we even should. 

The article from earlier this year was interesting also.  8759 square foot house with diamonds all over the place and access to a lake with jet skis.  Combine that with a track record of competing for championships and putting players in the pros, why would a recruit turn that down?

When Saban retires, they will go after the best of the best.  Maybe even alumni Dabo.  Petty easy to do if boosters are going to pick up the majority of the tab.

The money is only really important to a point.  Sabin, Harbaugh, and Meyer would not be coming to Nebraska for any amount of money at this point in their career.  They all want to win, but they all want the path of least resistance to winning.   None of them has any ties to Nebraska there is no sentimental thing going on with coaching at Nebraska for them.  They are going to go to a school that gives them a great chance to win a national title.  Nebraska doesn't give them that chance.  

12 hours ago, NUinID said:

The money is only really important to a point.  Sabin, Harbaugh, and Meyer would not be coming to Nebraska for any amount of money at this point in their career.  They all want to win, but they all want the path of least resistance to winning.   None of them has any ties to Nebraska there is no sentimental thing going on with coaching at Nebraska for them.  They are going to go to a school that gives them a great chance to win a national title.  Nebraska doesn't give them that chance.  

I agree that Saban, Harbaugh and Meyer wouldn’t come here, but mainly because of the point that they’re at in their careers and being happy with where they’re at.  

The bolded part- I disagree.  I think the Nebraska coaching job presents a great opportunity to win a national championship.  With the ideal pieces in place, we are in a very winnable division.  That puts us in position to play for the B1G championship often.  Most years, the winner of the B1G would be in a position to make the 4 team playoff .

7 hours ago, secretasianman said:

I agree that Saban, Harbaugh and Meyer wouldn’t come here, but mainly because of the point that they’re at in their careers and being happy with where they’re at.  

The bolded part- I disagree.  I think the Nebraska coaching job presents a great opportunity to win a national championship.  With the ideal pieces in place, we are in a very winnable division.  That puts us in position to play for the B1G championship often.  Most years, the winner of the B1G would be in a position to make the 4 team playoff .

When I say great chance to win the NC I mean right away. I mean they have enough pieces in place to win it in the next couple of years.  Sabin won an NC in his second year at Alabama. Meyer won a NC in his second year at Florida.  That is not the case at Nebraska.  Only a few schools offer that kind of talent all the time and Nebraska is not one of them.