If we were offering 10 million per year...

Well.. The money would pretty much interest anyone besides Saban, Harbaugh and maybe Urban Meyer. The current football program situation would hinder us getting a James Franklin, Dabo Swiney, Jimbo Fisher, etc. 

Having said that, if you can't lure a top program coach for $10 mil... Then don't spend the money.

But going along with your hypothetical...

1. Chip Kelly

2. Brian Kelly (ND Coach)

3. Bret Bielema

4. Scott Frost - IDC what UCF tries to raise for Frost, $10 mil would real him in

5. Me, I'd coach for 10 mil... shoot, I'd coach for 150k and use the rest of that money to hire les miles as my DC and go get the Penn St OC Joe Moorhead

Saban makes 8.1 million

Harbaugh makes 7 million

Meyer makes 6 million.

10 million has to make some top coaches sweat...

Swinney, Franklin, Shaw

I'll take Frost for 5 million though if that's what it takes.

Just curious what the board's perspective is on what coaches would be available if we were outrageous with a paycheck.

7 hours ago, famoustitles said:

Chris Petersen and David Shaw are only current coaches that I’d offer that much to that might consider it. Though both would still be long shots. 

Not sure I’d go to 10M for these guys but they would definitely be my top 2 choices. I think Shaw is about 4M now and Petersen about 3.5M. I’d sure give em a try at 6 or 7.

The thing is...the money really doesn't matter.  How much would TO be worth today?  Not how much would he take...but how much would he be worth in his prime today?  A coach that can win NC's at a football school is 100% worth his weight in gold.  

What do you think booster donations would be like if the Skers were doing what they did back in the mid 90's.  Just a guess, but if TO was making 10 million I am guessing that boosters would be covering about 75% of that each year.

Bama boosters just paid off Saban's house...not because they felt like they had to do it but because they know it is a smart move.  

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/11772033/alabama-crimson-tide-boosters-pay-coach-nick-saban-home

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, El Diaco said:

Not sure I’d go to 10M for these guys but they would definitely be my top 2 choices. I think Shaw is about 4M now and Petersen about 3.5M. I’d sure give em a try at 6 or 7.

Ya I agree. Just weighing which coaches are underpaid to what I think they are worth. I think Chris Petersen is a phenomenal coach and would be my top choice of coaches who will almost certainly say no but worth a call. 

32 minutes ago, teachercd said:

The thing is...the money really doesn't matter.  How much would TO be worth today?  Not how much would he take...but how much would he be worth in his prime today?  A coach that can win NC's at a football school is 100% worth his weight in gold.  

What do you think booster donations would be like if the Skers were doing what they did back in the mid 90's.  Just a guess, but if TO was making 10 million I am guessing that boosters would be covering about 75% of that each year.

Bama boosters just paid off Saban's house...not because they felt like they had to do it but because they know it is a smart move.  

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/11772033/alabama-crimson-tide-boosters-pay-coach-nick-saban-home

I agree the amount doesn’t really matter but no amount guarantees results so it’s pretty risky just jumping right in at that level. I’d hate to be paying 10M per year for a guy we have to replace again. I mean say we got Saban for 10M (not gonna happen and don’t want it to but) there’s no guarantees he has the same results here as he’s getting at Bama. Probably a safe bet he wouldn’t even come close to that here. But yeah, if we’ve got a guy that’s working out well and has us headed in the right direction then put him up there in the top echelon. I wish that was our problem. We’re going to have to pay enough just to get somebody with promise to give it a go.