NW Gametime

Info should come out soon. Really hoping we don't see a 11 AM game.

It's a little worrisome though.

Our night game selections have all come between 10AM - 10:30 AM. Assuming they do this like clockwork each Monday... One would assume they are down to the 2:30 slots by now and then after that it's a lock to be 11:00 AM.

Hoping for 2:30.

• Plus1 1

I think I ask this every year and maybe some of you know or worked at the bars in Lincoln but what game time would those bar owners prefer and how much of an impact does it make on business?

I used to think that night games would be best for business but now I think 2:30 might be what they want.  You still open early for the pre-game crowd and you still get the after game crowd for about an hour while the traffic dies down and then you get the college kids that hit the bars by 10pm.

I have also wondered why some of the bars don't open at 9am on game day?  What is the thinking there?  Why would they not take advantage of it?  If I owned a bar on O street I would open up 1 minute before any other bar on game day, as a promotion type thing.  so 8:59am.

12 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I think I ask this every year and maybe some of you know or worked at the bars in Lincoln but what game time would those bar owners prefer and how much of an impact does it make on business?

I used to think that night games would be best for business but now I think 2:30 might be what they want.  You still open early for the pre-game crowd and you still get the after game crowd for about an hour while the traffic dies down and then you get the college kids that hit the bars by 10pm.

I have also wondered why some of the bars don't open at 9am on game day?  What is the thinking there?  Why would they not take advantage of it?  If I owned a bar on O street I would open up 1 minute before any other bar on game day, as a promotion type thing.  so 8:59am.

I was in Lincoln in 2010 for the Missouri game and was going to watch it at a downtown bar.  Game started and nobody working in the bar felt it important to change the TVs over to the game although the place was full of fans.  I'd even say they were annoyed that they had to change the TVs when people asked them to put the game on.  It was really bizarre.

1 minute ago, 4skers89 said:

I was in Lincoln in 2010 for the Missouri game and was going to watch it at a downtown bar.  Game started and nobody working in the bar felt it important to change the TVs over to the game although the place was full of fans.  I'd even say they were annoyed that they had to change the TVs when people asked them to put the game on.  It was really bizarre.

Wow...do you know which bar?  There are a few that seem to almost shy away from being a "Husker Bar" like, there thing is to NOT embrace it.  I think Bodagas is/was sort of like that.

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Wow...do you know which bar?  There are a few that seem to almost shy away from being a "Husker Bar" like, there thing is to NOT embrace it.  I think Bodagas is/was sort of like that.

I don't remember which bar it was but the attitude you described is how they acted.  If they had not turned the game on, 90% of the bar would have cleared out.  It made me wonder what the heck went wrong in Lincoln.