The Fundamental Nebraska Problem With Trying To Do A BIackout

knapplc

35 minutes ago, Fru said:

It is also a school color (well, cream is, but white is close enough) so that would quiet the "BLACK ISNT A SCHOOL COLOR! GAWWW" crowd

How often do you see Nebraska stuff in an actual cream color, as opposed to plain white?

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, InOmaha said:

Because it's a stupid idea.  I don't own any black Husker gear, so they're asking me to wear something in generic black instead of the school colors.  I own a red hat, red shirt, red sweatshirt, and a red coat with Husker logos.  I don't own any of that in black.  So why not stick with the sea of red thing.

Plus, the opponent at the time wears red.  So there are likely thousands of them sprinkled around in the stadium;  like the guy with the W hat 3 rows down in the picture.  Better to blend them in.

At least Penn State is smart enough to pick one of their school colors.

So you are saying it would work if we did a white out?? Or everyone would still B ughh  gripe that its not red...

5 minutes ago, Toe said:

How often do you see Nebraska stuff in an actual cream color, as opposed to plain white?

Well. If I said "A white out would be a school color" I figured the purists would lambaste me with "WHITE ISNT A SCHOOL COLOR, ITS TECHNICALLY CREAM. GAWWWL" So I made an effort to note the technical school color just to cover all bases and not upset anyone. 

1 hour ago, InOmaha said:

Because it's a stupid idea.  I don't own any black Husker gear, so they're asking me to wear something in generic black instead of the school colors.  I own a red hat, red shirt, red sweatshirt, and a red coat with Husker logos.  I don't own any of that in black.  So why not stick with the sea of red thing.

Plus, the opponent at the time wears red.  So there are likely thousands of them sprinkled around in the stadium;  like the guy with the W hat 3 rows down in the picture.  Better to blend them in.

At least Penn State is smart enough to pick one of their school colors.

There are plenty of stores located close to the stadium where you could purchase a black shirt. 

54 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

There are plenty of stores located close to the stadium where you could purchase a black shirt. 

No reason to buy anything, since it's not even the school colors.  I would wear one of the generic black shirts I own.  Or one of the high school team black shirts I get for donating.  Or maybe that free one my kid got for visiting UNO.

They should pick random colors for different games.  Have a fuchsia out or something.  Do the blackshirts even get to wear black shirts anymore?