Investigation: Uranium Sale/DNC/Clintons

2 hours ago, deedsker said:

I am guessing this is the only reason this has popped up again. Can't fire Mueller, throw crap at the fan until the whole place smells.

Linky Link

Roger Stone believes defunding Mueller isn’t enough. Instead, Stone wants Trump to call for a special prosecutor to investigate Hillary Clinton’s role in approving the controversial Uranium One deal that’s been a locus of rightwing hysteria (the transaction involved a Russian state-owned energy firm acquiring a Canadian mining company that controlled 20 percent of the uranium in the United States). It’s a bit of a bank shot, but as Stone described it, a special prosecutor looking into Uranium One would also have to investigate the F.B.I.’s role in approving the deal, thereby making Mueller—who was in charge of the bureau at the time—a target. Stone’s choice for a special prosecutor: Rudy Giuliani law colleague Marc Mukasey or Fox News pundit Andrew Napolitano. “You would immediately have to inform Mueller, Comey, and [Deputy Attorney General] Rod Rosenstein that they are under federal investigation,” Stone said. “Trump can’t afford to fire Mueller politically. But this pushes him aside.”

I just read this article in full again. If reliable, (How reliable is Vanity Fair :dunno) it is very enlightening.   It does substantiate what others have  said above and the  3 min interview video. 

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Politico itself says it's a pro-Trump site in the link I provided. 

Regardless of Newsmax's affinity for Trump, they are not an unbiased source and are definitely conservative. 

I have no issue with the bias comment.  Every site has a bias. Politico has a bias.   We know up front that it (Newsmax) is conservative (and that is not a swear word by the way) and we make evaluations accordingly.  It is ok to hear a conservative perspective and also listen to the liberal perspective.   I would argue wt Politico's assessment that Newsmax is pro-Trump - it may be neutral and that is too conservative for Politico, like I said, I've seen way to many neg articles or links to label them pro-trump.  I don't get into the commentary section of newsmax much but this current list of commentators showing on the home page including Robert Reich doesn't appear to be pro Trump.  But we can agree to disagree and move back to the main topic on the thread.

image.thumb.png.d1c52b21fcf96dd6ed8faac08d84397e.png

24 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I just read this article in full again. If reliable, (How reliable is Vanity Fair :dunno) it is very enlightening.   It does substantiate what others have  said above and the  3 min interview video. 

Eh, The Hill and other were using as sources for their article so I went ahead and read it from the source. I generally try to read from the source if it looks like everyone else just wrote lesser articles pulling from the sourced article.

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I have no issue with the bias comment.  Every site has a bias. Politico has a bias.   We know up front that it (Newsmax) is conservative (and that is not a swear word by the way) and we make evaluations accordingly.  It is ok to hear a conservative perspective and also listen to the liberal perspective.   I would argue wt Politico's assessment that Newsmax is pro-Trump - it may be neutral and that is too conservative for Politico, like I said, I've seen way to many neg articles or links to label them pro-trump.  I don't get into the commentary section of newsmax much but this current list of commentators showing on the home page including Robert Reich doesn't appear to be pro Trump.  But we can agree to disagree and move back to the main topic on the thread.

image.thumb.png.d1c52b21fcf96dd6ed8faac08d84397e.png

The CEO of Newsmax is Christopher Ruddy, both a personal friend and an early donor to Trump's campaign. I've seen him go on multiple morning news shows to act as somewhat of a Trump confidant. I would definitely say his publication is pro-Trump because they're so chummy.

But I agree with your assertion that it's good to consume media from varied sources. But it's really important for people to think for themselves as they consume media & reach political opinions.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 years later...