"Write About That S#!t!"

Mavric

19 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I know! We should be national champions every year! We should never have close games, we should never need a miracle bounce off Shevin Wiggins' foot to stay undefeated, we should... errrr.... I mean, we should never rush the field after beating Oklahoma in 1995 when they sucked...  errr.... I mean... Sit Down!  Enough with that hip-hop hogwash, right?  GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!

Youre forgetting who we have close

games against and who we don't. THAT is the problem.

and a rivalry game typically has nothing to do with the win/loss record.

*smooshes grass on your lawn under feet*

Edited by ebohnart
  • Plus1 2

Again, no one didn't see this coming.  We all knew what we got with Goggle Mike Riley.  We all hoped for the best but we all knew.

We tricked ourselves with things like "Once the culture gets fixed" and "now that Riley has a weight room" and "Just wait until he gets a statue QB"

In the end his best year here will be with a QB that could run a DC that he fired, a ST coach that he fired and a AD that he got fired.  We think Bo scorched the earth??  Not even close compared to MR.

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Again, no one didn't see this coming.  We all knew what we got with Goggle Mike Riley.  We all hoped for the best but we all knew.

We tricked ourselves with things like "Once the culture gets fixed" and "now that Riley has a weight room" and "Just wait until he gets a statue QB"

In the end his best year here will be with a QB that could run a DC that he fired, a ST coach that he fired and a AD that he got fired.  We think Bo scorched the earth??  Not even close compared to MR.

My man!  To extend this, the idiotic rhetoric that firing a person after 3 years isn't ok.  This is a dumpster fire that Mike lit, and he hasn't even tried to put it out.  You keep making fixes on 300000 mile truck, it is still a 300000 mile truck. Think about your own jobs:

1.  If I didn't start to perform at current job in 1 year, I am probably fired or moved to a different position.

2.  If I don't show tangible improvements in the areas they want me to in less then 3 years, I am probably fired

3.  Yes do I understand football coaching is different then my current job, absolutely 

4.  If I continually act like I don't care while at my job, I am probably fired

5.  If there are better candidates that are preforming at a higher level, that are significantly qualified for my job, then I am fired.  

6.  If you suck at your job, you don't get a new list of expectations (like beat Purdue by 1 point), you just get fired, or your boss does, and then you do

So why in the world are we arguing about keeping him, this wasn't a rebuild, he is just a bad coach.  His team is soft, and his coaching staff is parading around a Purdue win.  Yes it was exciting, in the completely wrong way.

Now to the point of coming to a job where the expectations are high:

1.  Possibly a 400% raise

2.  Fired after 3 years, I am still set for life

3.  My staff would gain significant financial stability 

4.  If I am good I can stay forever

5.  In a heartbeat I would take a chance on a 3 year job, even if it just doubled my yearly income.  Most of you would as well

Before the season started I would say we have to keep him 4 years. After coming within one complete pass the last play of Arkansas St, I changed my mind. Picking a D1 football coach is at best a crapshoot, so don’t make it even lower odds by hiring a guy that’s proven his entire career he doesn’t get it. 

• Plus1 2