Schools making moves

YoteSker

5 minutes ago, BartonHusker said:

Moos  has already came out and said he does not do midseason firings. We will have to know our fate at the end of the season to be honest.  

With that said, we can do everything behind the scenes now without firing Riley in the present.

Even if Florida or Tennessee starts talks with Frost or another coach, that new coach won’t accept the job until the season is over. Like you have mentioned, Moos can do a lot of work in the next few week behind the scenes if he is leaning towards firing Riley. 

• Plus1 1

Moos was hired to right the ship.  I'm ASSuming that means fore Riley.  If Frost is on the AD's radar, I'm guessing back channel stuff is already going on to gauge his interest.  Be easy enough with signing non-disclosure statements, UCF gets to do press release etc....

I don't think schools firing guys earlier makes much difference.  I mean we fired Bo at the end of the year and we got SE's top choice.......(I really don't think it hurts)

I do think that we are on the edge where a great hire gets us going in the right direction i.e. sooner than later and a bad hire will doom this program.

Edited by lo country

I was told by someone that has been a AD at the D-II level (a lot of FBS friends) that you don't do mid season firings not only because how it affects the kids but if you have a shot for a bowl game still, you want that extra time for player development. 

You can fire the head coach at the end of the regular season and have someone on staff be there interim head coach.  

If the players do not want to try during bowl prep due to their head coach being gone, it won't go unnoticed by athletic department staffers or others that may return on the next staff. 

At some schools like Florida or Tennessee, I don't think mid season firings is as much of a deal like some place like Nebraska where that player development is more needed. 

Edited by BartonHusker

16 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Even if Florida or Tennessee starts talks with Frost or another coach, that new coach won’t accept the job until the season is over. Like you have mentioned, Moos can do a lot of work in the next few week behind the scenes if he is leaning towards firing Riley. 

Just because those jobs are open doesn’t mean Scott will take them. He has already expressed numerous times that Nebraska is his dream job. We also don’t know what Mr. Moos has already done. Tom O. will certainly have had a hand in this as well if Scott comes home. I say relax and let the rest of the football season play out because I can guarantee you this: That’s what Scott Frost is doing!

3 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Just because those jobs are open doesn’t mean Scott will take them. He has already expressed numerous times that Nebraska is his dream job. We also don’t know what Mr. Moos has already done. Tom O. will certainly have had a hand in this as well if Scott comes home. I say relax and let the rest of the football season play out because I can guarantee you this: That’s what Scott Frost is doing!

Yes, Frost may not take those jobs, but I am sure their AD’s have already been in contact with Frost’s agent, and other agents for coaches around college football. I just hope Moos has a plan in his head for the next 4 weeks, and that plan includes firing Riley by Thanksgiving Saturday.