Schools making moves

YoteSker

Cy quit trying to change the hunt.  You know your coach is being looked at.  And the more that come open the worse it is going to get for you guys.  But at least you are seeing something anyone on this board would love to see. 

Hope you guys are able to hold on to him. 

I can not imagine what will happen around here if we don't get Coach Frost (Not my first pick).  Coach Whittingham is and has been my top choice for a long time.  Seems you guys have a tremendous, young, hard charging coach.

I know Penn State just gave permission for someone to talk to Franklin.  It was just a blurp on Siris, have not heard much about it since.

Can you imagine the college football world if all these jobs truly become available this year. 

1 hour ago, lo country said:

I do think that we are on the edge where a great hire gets us going in the right direction i.e. sooner than later and a bad hire will doom this program.

I think you are spot on here.  We are creeping close to apathy,  and one more bad hire will have it set in. Another bad hire and the day would come when the sellout streak ends, and after that a lot of people will stop caring.

Edited by runningblind

Reports say Tennessee has offered Gruden over 10 million to be the next Vols head coach. Who knows if these reports are true or completely fake, but if true, Butch Jones has not been fired and their AD is already peaking around to see who would be interested. Gives me hopes that Nebraska is maybe doing the same, going to Frost and his agent and seeing what interest is there. Maybe that is why everything has been rather quiet from Nebraska admin because maybe, just maybe, they know come end of November Riley is gone and Frost in theory has already accepted the job.

Right?

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

But is anyone on this staff going to develop players if we get the extra practices because of a bowl game? It may be better to keep the players away from these guys.

Who cares about 2 weeks of extra practice for a team or staff that has no direction at this point.  If we are bowl eligible, great for the kids.  The big picture is here is the program going forward and this is not working.

If we offer it will be good but i have a feeling if he wants to come here it wont only be about money.  His entire staff are midwest guys, his parents are here.  Lots of reasons for him to come back.  Making 4 or 5 million per year and being in your home state at your alma mater is probably worth its own weight in gold if thats what he wants.  Also he is recently married and has a baby on the way.  To me these are all very good reasons to plant some roots down somewhere and stick around for the long haul.  Raising a family in florida vs nebraska are two way different things.  But there are alot of stories running around as to where he wants to go or what move he wants to make.  As much as it sucks all we can to is just endure and hope he truly wants to come back here.  If he doesnt now then i dont think he ever will and we will need to just move on.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, lo country said:

Moos was hired to right the ship.  I'm ASSuming that means fore Riley.  If Frost is on the AD's radar, I'm guessing back channel stuff is already going on to gauge his interest.  Be easy enough with signing non-disclosure statements, UCF gets to do press release etc....

I don't think schools firing guys earlier makes much difference.  I mean we fired Bo at the end of the year and we got SE's top choice.......(I really don't think it hurts)

I do think that we are on the edge where a great hire gets us going in the right direction i.e. sooner than later and a bad hire will doom this program.

That’s easy to do when there’s nobody else going after him. I imagine it’s quite the opposite this time around; I hope so, anyway.

• Plus1 1

I still say Scott Frost stays at UCF.  He is giving his own money to help pay his assistants more money.  The media reported last week how he said keeping the band all together is most important thing.  He is the "lead singer".  I think many of you are dismissing his character and how he values loyalty.  He has repeated many times he is commited to UCF to build a championship program.  

I don't view that as just coach speak!!!  Tony Dungy has also been quoted that Frost is staying at UCF.   He was quoted as saying the power 5's missed their opportunity at hiring Scott Frost and that their are building something special at UCF.

He is smart and calculating.  I say he's at UCF 3-4 more years.

6 minutes ago, NWHuskerfan said:

I still say Scott Frost stays at UCF.  He is giving his own money to help pay his assistants more money.  The media reported last week how he said keeping the band all together is most important thing.  He is the "lead singer".  I think many of you are dismissing his character and how he values loyalty.  He has repeated many times he is commited to UCF to build a championship program.  

I don't view that as just coach speak!!!  Tony Dungy has also been quoted that Frost is staying at UCF.   He was quoted as saying the power 5's missed their opportunity at hiring Scott Frost and that their are building something special at UCF.

He is smart and calculating.  I say he's at UCF 3-4 more years.

Dont see it. He can keep the band together in Lincoln just as easy and his assistants would make more here as well. 

Him saying he is committed is coach speak. Of course he is going to say that right now while there and season not finished but means little to what will happen in the future. Many coaches have said they are committed and gone later that season. Whether at Nebraska or not, he is going to have the big schools calling and would be very surprised if he didn’t leave 

I dont think there was any discussion about him not being able to bring his entire staff over.  But honestly If Matt Campbell wants to stay at ISU and make something special then that makes sense because thats a program in a big conference.  But deciding to stay in a lower tier program instead of taking any power 5 job when they come knocking just doesnt make any sense.  And there is this one final thing and this is the kicker.....................................if he had every intention of staying at UCF he would flat out say in any of the press converences that he has been in that he is not interested in any other job other than the one he has, just like mike leach did.