3. Notre Dame

4. Ohio State

5. Penn State

6. Clemson

7. Wisconsin

8. Oklahoma

9. Miami

10. TCU

11-15 (No order: UCF, ISU, OkSt, Washington, VaTech)

Mavric    9,824
19 minutes ago, skers44 said:

What I want it to be

I WANT it to be:

1 - Nebraska 

2 - Oklahoma

3 - Arizona

4 - Virginia Tech

:D

Roll Skers    298
3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I WANT it to be:

1 - Nebraska 

2 - Oklahoma

3 - Arizona

4 - Virginia Tech

:D

1. Nebraska

2. Boise State

3. Youngstown State

4. UNK

Edited by skers44

jaws    334

What I think it should be:

1. Georgia
2. Alabama

3. Clemson

4. Notre Dame

5. Oklahoma
6. Ohio State

Redux    5,390

1- Bama

2- Dawgs

3- Irish

4- tOSU

5- Okie

6- Fighting Dabos

7- Wiscy

8- State Penn

9- Wash

10- Miami

jaws    334

@Mavric Interesting comparison but I think most people have been skeptical of Wisconsin the whole season. They still have Michigan and OSU/PSU to play. I am sure wins against 2 of those 3 will make their case look a little bit better. 

As for UCF, as odd as it sounds not playing Ga. Tech is hurting them even though their record isn't that great. I think the Maryland win would have looked better if they didn't lose all their QBs. UCF has been very impressive in all their wins and I wouldn't want to play them in a bowl game if I were a P5 team. However, I am sure they will look different once they lose Frost as their coach. 

Mavric    9,824
47 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Yeah, it's going to take something like that.  Probably even a little more.  Won't surprise me if their scenario happens - obviously not too far-fetched.  The question is what would it take for the Committee to put them in the Top 4.  

As they said, their scenario would have only Alabama and Miami with fewer than two losses.  But that doesn't get them in above a two-loss, Big XII champion Oklahoma for sure.  Maybe if they don't win the Big XII.  But I doubt it would get them in over a two-loss, Big XII champ TCU either.  So there would probably need to be more chaos in the Big XII. 

They also wouldn't be in over a two-loss, B1G champ Ohio State.  And it's far from a given that they'd be in over a two-loss Pac-12 champ.

And they said that in the article.  They were just wondering how an undefeated UCF would stack up against two-loss teams from the Power 5.  I don't think they'd get the nod.  I'd say there would have to be at least a couple three-loss Power 5 champions for them to have a shot.

ladyhawke    517
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, it's going to take something like that.  Probably even a little more.  Won't surprise me if their scenario happens - obviously not too far-fetched.  The question is what would it take for the Committee to put them in the Top 4.  

As they said, their scenario would have only Alabama and Miami with fewer than two losses.  But that doesn't get them in above a two-loss, Big XII champion Oklahoma for sure.  Maybe if they don't win the Big XII.  But I doubt it would get them in over a two-loss, Big XII champ TCU either.  So there would probably need to be more chaos in the Big XII. 

They also wouldn't be in over a two-loss, B1G champ Ohio State.  And it's far from a given that they'd be in over a two-loss Pac-12 champ.

And they said that in the article.  They were just wondering how an undefeated UCF would stack up against two-loss teams from the Power 5.  I don't think they'd get the nod.  I'd say there would have to be at least a couple three-loss Power 5 champions for them to have a shot.

While intriguing-I agree-a little far fetched.  I shared this with Knap on the Status Update.  I SO love the small town/underdog kind of feel. (e.g. Hoosiers)  

GSG    5,717
14 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Solution is an 8-team playoff.  chuckleshuffle

Jay Bilas was going on and on and on about "They say every game matters, then UCF and Wisconsin should be in the top 4 since they're undefeated" during the Duke-MSU game last night. I don't disagree. I still think an 8-team playoff is the way to go and we'll get there eventually. Maybe in 10 years :dunno

Mavric    9,824
Just now, GSG said:

Jay Bilas was going on and on and on about "They say every game matters, then UCF and Wisconsin should be in the top 4 since they're undefeated" during the Duke-MSU game last night. I don't disagree. I still think an 8-team playoff is the way to go and we'll get there eventually. Maybe in 10 years :dunno

More chaos = closer to bigger playoff

Thus, I've been a fan of chaos for a lot of years.