Northwestern Opens as One Point Favorite

Mavric

I think we win this one because our guys are playing like they mean it.

The players themselves can eliminate poor decisions and make a 14 point difference. Throwing and running low percentage is partly their choice.

Showing extra hustle and following the play on D could make a huge gain a 5-10 yarder.

I would have to say that this is the 3rd best team we have played this season.  They are better than Oregon is right now.  We know how we fared at home against the other 2.  

If only a 1 pt dog, seems to me that Vegas is valueing our home field a lot yet at least.  This is a play game for Vegas.  Sucker bet.  Just haven't figured if it is a sucker bet on NW or us yet.  

18 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

I would have to say that this is the 3rd best team we have played this season.  They are better than Oregon is right now.  We know how we fared at home against the other 2.  

If only a 1 pt dog, seems to me that Vegas is valueing our home field a lot yet at least.  This is a play game for Vegas.  Sucker bet.  Just haven't figured if it is a sucker bet on NW or us yet.  

Or, it could be like Purdue was, NW is roughly equivalent to Nebraska, statistically speaking.

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, huskerfan69 said:

our offense is pretty bizarre. started out the season running well but couldn't pass. now its the opposite.

Nebraska opened the season with a 5.9 ypc game, good for a season but only fair for a single game high. The next high for the entire  season is 4.3.

Tanner Lee's passer rating the last two games is similar or exact to the opener. It was the 2,3,4 games that were big outliers.

2 hours ago, Hilltop said:

NW will key on our passing game and their D line is weaker than Purdue.  I can see us rushing for 200+.  Deciding factor will be our secondary.  Can we stop the pass?  

NU 27

NW 20

Take NU for the cover imo.

I don't see how we get 200+ rushing when we will have less than 5 carries.

Edited by MichiganDad3