Star Wars: Episode VIII ***Speculation & Spoilers***

Adam Driver Sets the Internet on Fire With a Potentially Major Revelation About Rey's Past in Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Spoiler

I remember the initial conversations about having things ‘skinned’, peeling away layers to evolve into other people, and the person Kylo’s pretending to be on the outside is not who he is. He’s a vulnerable kid who doesn’t know where to put his energy, but when he puts his mask on, suddenly, he’s playing a role. JJ had that idea initially and I think Rian took it to the next level.

You have, also, the hidden identity of this princess who’s hiding who she really is so she can survive and Kylo Ren and her hiding behind these artifices.

THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!!!

I feel like that was almost intended misdirection, much like the trailer tries to do.  BOVADA had a betting line on whether or not Luke would be revealed as Reys father in Ep. VIII, gonna be taking that action fo show!

Snoke is almost a lock to end up being

Spoiler

Gallius Rax.  This video convinced me of this

• Plus1 1
On 10/11/2017 at 2:22 PM, Landlord said:

Yeah I guess it wasn't spelled out explicitly that it was Ren, but Han very clearly makes reference to Luke trying to rebuild the Jedi order, but exiling himself when an apprentice turned to the dark side and slaughtered all the other apprentices/destroyed the temple.

Referencing Rey's vision after touching Luke's lightsaber at the :59 second mark of this video, I also always thought Ren is killing somebody at the temple and tearing the place down in that scene, further corroborating the 'Ben destroyed everything' narrative.

Unless I missed it, though, I don't think anyone has ever explicitly said Ben was the one who did it. It's just heavily, heavily implied. Maybe there's a huge twist in the making. :lol: That said, it seems like all the fan sites don't mince any words - they all say Ben destroyed everything.

49 minutes ago, Redux said:

I feel like that was almost intended misdirection, much like the trailer tries to do.  BOVADA had a betting line on whether or not Luke would be revealed as Reys father in Ep. VIII, gonna be taking that action fo show!

Snoke is almost a lock to end up being

Reveal hidden contents

Gallius Rax.  This video convinced me of this

I don't think that Snoke lock will end up being true.

39 minutes ago, Redux said:

Go on

Not sure everyone's sensitivity to spoilers/extra info:

Spoiler

The original name of Episode 7 was supposedly "An Ancient Evil". And there's lots of internet rumblings of Snoke being an ancient evil, so I doubt he's just some guy from Jakku.

Edited by RedDenver
3 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Not sure everyone's sensitivity to spoilers/extra info:

Hide contents

The original name of Episode 7 was supposedly "An Ancient Evil". And there's lots of internet rumblings of Snoke being an ancient evil, so I doubt he's just some guy from Jakku.

Spoiler

It's universally accepted that he is old.  How old is up for debate though.  In the shadows of the prequels maybe, for sure original trilogy.  I still like the idea of him being Darth Plagueis.

7 minutes ago, Redux said:
  Hide contents

It's universally accepted that he is old.  How old is up for debate though.  In the shadows of the prequels maybe, for sure original trilogy.  I still like the idea of him being Darth Plagueis.

Spoiler

I think it's very unlikely he's Darth Plagueis and far more likely he's ancient, hence why Luke is looking for the ancient Jedi temples and teachings and the title "An Ancient Evil". I'm not sure where I saw it, but there's some interesting speculation Snoke may be a new character loosely based on the force draining of characters like Darth Nihilus.

3 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Hide contents

This isn't the video I was remembering, but it's got some speculative stuff about Snoke:

Spoiler

I seem to have watched half of it before but didn't get to finish for some reason, will now.

There is another BS leaked theory that pins Snoke as the one who impregnated Shmi with Anakin.  It's been essentially confirmed by Lucas that Palpatine was responsible for that.

The Plagueis theory makes things come a bit full circle and there are subtle nods to the character to back that up such as the music choices.

I'm also fine with him being something else entirely not tied to anyone.