CB Brendan Radley-Hiles [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

83 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Radley-Hiles commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/2018 at 02:55 AM

Wonder who he got "permission" from. Can't imagine this being OKed.

https://twitter.com/BSNDOmaha/status/885183177513422848

Seems like an ncaa violation to me.
Nvd...it is a violation.
Is it the school putting them out There? Is bookie getting money from them? If no is the answer I don't know what the violation would be.
really?
Also it doesn't say "make the university of Nebraska great again". NCAA doesn't have a leg to stand on if you are talking violations

Nvd...it is a violation.
Is it the school putting them out There? Is bookie getting money from them? If no is the answer I don't know what the violation would be.
really?
Also it doesn't say "make the university of Nebraska great again". NCAA doesn't have a leg to stand on if you are talking violations
I think people are trying to be nice, and I am too, but it looks like you're new to these discussions. Yes, this is absolutely an issue, for the same reason you can't slip recruits a crisp $100 on their visit ("they don't go to school yet") or you can't profit off of the likeness of a player (RIP, my sweet NCAA football games - and those were cartoon-like! This is a full headshot). There, I checked your two boxes - EA Sports made the game, not the schools, and the players sure weren't making any money. Still no go.

I don't think everyone is talking about the same kind of violations. I'm not sure Nebraska itself could be held responsible, but the guy making the shirts is in for an ugly legal process if he continues. Does it seem silly? Yes, but those are the rules.

• Fire 1

His tweets about selling the t-shirt have been deleted and all reference to it on his website have been taken down. This was never, ever going to fly, and those cease-and-desist calls from UNL's attorneys probably weren't a lot of fun.

You can't profit from the likeness of a player or recruit. Can't imagine why anyone thinks you can in this day and age.

• Fire 2

Nvd...it is a violation.
really?
I think people are trying to be nice, and I am too, but it looks like you're new to these discussions. Yes, this is absolutely an issue, for the same reason you can't slip recruits a crisp $100 on their visit ("they don't go to school yet") or you can't profit off of the likeness of a player (RIP, my sweet NCAA football games - and those were cartoon-like! This is a full headshot). There, I checked your two boxes - EA Sports made the game, not the schools, and the players sure weren't making any money. Still no go.

I don't think everyone is talking about the same kind of violations. I'm not sure Nebraska itself could be held responsible, but the guy making the shirts is in for an ugly legal process if he continues. Does it seem silly? Yes, but those are the rules.

I was more leaning on the side of the NCAA violation comments. Meaning the school or Bookie would have been in violation of NCAA rules. You can't give a recruit a $100 bill because that is a NCAA recruiting violation. This guy is some third party so this is more of a licensing issue.

Since he is still in high school, probably pretty hard for the NCAA to flex any amount of muscle on Bookie claiming any violation.

I think the issue would be whether there is a NCAA violation that would make him ineligible to play college football. That would be something the NCAA could enforce even before Bookie steps foot on campus.

The issue could be if he, or a party affiliated to him, receives benefits for the sale of merchandise with his likeness.

• Fire 1

Since he is still in high school, probably pretty hard for the NCAA to flex any amount of muscle on Bookie claiming any violation.

I think the issue would be whether there is a NCAA violation that would make him ineligible to play college football. That would be something the NCAA could enforce even before Bookie steps foot on campus.

The issue could be if he, or a party affiliated to him, receives benefits for the sale of merchandise with his likeness.

This is what I was most fearful of when I first saw the tweet from his mom. I thought a fan had sent it to her.

giphy.gif

This is what I was most fearful of when I first saw the tweet from his mom. I thought a fan had sent it to her.

giphy.gif

Yep. They're not allowed to receive gifts of any kind, or car rides, or pieces of paper.

• Mavric changed the title to CB Brendan Radley-Hiles [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic