CB Brendan Radley-Hiles [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

83 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Radley-Hiles commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/2018 at 02:55 AM

Sure is, but language means something. Think about it, if you're living in Des Moines, and hear a buddy is moving back to your home town in Nebraska, you'd never say, welcome home, cuz you're not their to "welcome," them. I admit I'm probably letting my personal viewpoints on who gets the esteemed title of "coach," add weight that maybe others don't agree with, but... like I said, this is just my take, and I'm probably wrong. Time will tell. 

3 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

this is a hell of a jump to make from a single tweet 

Sure is a stretch, but language means something. Think about it, if you're living in Des Moines, and hear a buddy is moving back to your home town in Nebraska, you'd never say, welcome home, cuz you're not their to "welcome," them. I admit I'm probably letting my personal viewpoints on who gets the esteemed title of "coach," add weight that maybe others don't agree with, but... like I said, this is just my take, and I'm probably wrong. Time will tell. 

2 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Sure is a stretch, but language means something. Think about it, if you're living in Des Moines, and hear a buddy is moving back to your home town in Nebraska, you'd never say, welcome home, cuz you're not their to "welcome," them. I admit I'm probably letting my personal viewpoints on who gets the esteemed title of "coach," add weight that maybe others don't agree with, but... like I said, this is just my take, and I'm probably wrong. Time will tell. 

Scott is literally going home. There isn't anything to read into here. I'd love to add Bookie into the fold but at this point in time based off the evidence we've seen (i.e. the OU stuff and Clemson stuff) you can't just take one instance of him saying something nice to a coach and throw out everything else and say he's coming back to Nebraska. 

I don't follow him on twitter or anything but I wouldn't even be surprised if this is the first time he's mentioned us publicly since he publicly de-committed. I posted the tweet in here because yes, it was interesting but everyone (not just you) that is getting overly excited or reading too much into this needs to take a step back and move on at this point. 

20 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Been torn on what to make of Bookie's comments. My take? 

"What's up coach?' - Being a former athlete, you don't refer to just anyone as "coach." That informal language is generally reserved for the person you consider your personal coach.

"Welcome home." - You don't welcome someone to a place you aren't already at. "Congrats on going home," or some other vernacular on par with that would be the language used to congratulate someone on going someplace you aren't. 

My take- for Bookie, Nebraska feels like home, he's bought in to Frost being his coach, and he's just waiting for confirmation to make it official again.  

I have a feeling this post isn't going to age well.

• Plus1 3

5 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

Scott is literally going home. There isn't anything to read into here. I'd love to add Bookie into the fold but at this point in time based off the evidence we've seen (i.e. the OU stuff and Clemson stuff) you can't just take one instance of him saying something nice to a coach and throw out everything else and say he's coming back to Nebraska. 

I don't follow him on twitter or anything but I wouldn't even be surprised if this is the first time he's mentioned us publicly since he publicly de-committed. I posted the tweet in here because yes, it was interesting but everyone (not just you) that is getting overly excited or reading too much into this needs to take a step back and move on at this point. 

I wouldnt say we need to move on. He hasn't committed anywhere yet so until ink hits paper anything could happen. I wouldn't say we are a leader by any means, but I wouldn't count us out of this just yet

At this point if someone isn't 100% they can kick rocks.  If he talks to Frost and still isn't sure then best of luck.  I don't care if he goes to Clemson or Ucla and lights the world on fire.  The D obviously wasn't very good so if he feels he can do better somewhere else best of luck.  I'm kinda tired of  coaches pandering too much to players.  They should be telling these kids they need to come play for them not the other way around.  I don't think bookie has played as many games as other recruits in the past and my statements are generalities that I just thought of while being on this page 

54 minutes ago, macroboy said:

Didn't UCLA just hire Donte Williams? Pretty sure that is where Bookie ends up.

I think he's super talented and a good kid. His tweet was just that, being a regular old good human being.

Would love to have him here.

I think so too. Him and Darnay teaming up. 

If Bookie ends up in Lincoln, I’m going with the conspiracy that it was the long play to earn his 5th star because historically committed recruits don’t move up much in the rankings. So he announces he was “always” Nebraska but needed to weigh options - in order to gain more hype, sacrificing himself for the greater good by enduring social media backfire and successfully shutting out the noise to return to the future best recruiting class since 2006. 

(Black flag emoji)

Edited by Savage Husker
  • Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

"What's up coach?' - Being a former athlete, you don't refer to just anyone as "coach." That informal language is generally reserved for the person you consider your personal coach.

"Welcome home." - You don't welcome someone to a place you aren't already at. "Congrats on going home," or some other vernacular on par with that would be the language used to congratulate someone on going someplace you aren't. 

My take- for Bookie, Nebraska feels like home, he's bought in to Frost being his coach, and he's just waiting for confirmation to make it official again.  

Are you a psychologist?

3 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

.....Matty? 

27 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

.....Matty? 

LOLZ, please don't suggest such things. I follow the recruiting forum quite a bit. I never expected Bookie to sign, though his comments about playing with his cousin, etc. had me hopeful. Frost is a game changer though. Probably more wishful thinking on my part, but as I said, my interpretation of Bookie's comments leave me feeling as though our chances went up considerably. 

Edited by Born N Bled Red
  • Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to CB Brendan Radley-Hiles [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]