CB Brendan Radley-Hiles [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

83 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Radley-Hiles commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/2018 at 02:55 AM

Clemson is a phenomenal spot.  Great game day atmosphere and Howard's rock is awesome to see.  They are a winning program and national champions..When I saw Clemson was in the discussion, I said to myself, "that sucks"......Interesting to see if he still comes here. His comments are measured and professional.  Straight forward, but sounds like he is looking elsewhere to keep options open. (not saying he is off NU)

I'll also mention (and have) that the D we have seen the past two weeks, would not be one that I would be interested in if I were an aggressive, ball hawking corner who likes to play physical.  I wouldn't want to be a DB who allows by scheme and design for a QB to go for 21-25 in one half.....That's just me.   

• Plus1 5

11 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I am sure if he was on the team they would play him differently to maximize his skill set and I'm sure they are selling him on that 

Lamar Jackson is a big dude at CB.....  He's playing like 10 yards off the receiver....They might tell him that, but he sees what we see.....I hope he comes.  he is the type of guy that we can build a D around.  He has also does a phenomenal job in selling NU.  

The absolute strangest thing is how he went from touting Nebraska and being the lead recruiter in mid-late June. To being quiet and having subtle retweets throughout July and now from reading that column it almost seems like he's setting people up that he might be switching eventually.

Hopefully Tyjon can have some success on the field soon and we can lock things down on his visit.

• Plus1 3
12 hours ago, huskerguy said:

The absolute strangest thing is how he went from touting Nebraska and being the lead recruiter in mid-late June. To being quiet and having subtle retweets throughout July and now from reading that column it almost seems like he's setting people up that he might be switching eventually.

Hopefully Tyjon can have some success on the field soon and we can lock things down on his visit.

I have been saying this for a while now, I will be surprised if he comes here. His sudden change was too obvious that he doesnt feel anywhere near the same about Nebraska as he did. I feel the only reason why he hasn't been public about it is because he will look like a hypocrite. He hyped it up too much and talked commitment too much to be acting like this. It is all on him.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Yeah, we're currently talking about his latest blog.  Have you read it?

I think some might be inferring a little too much based on that blog.

I think he is more or less just telling folks to cool their jets on him taking visits. (He is insuring that Nebraska is the place he needs to be at)

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

The blog literally said he only went to Clemson for something to do.... he evacuated Florida due to the hurricane.  People's concerned opinions are just that... opinions. 

I'm guessing you glossed over this part:

And I know people might read this and wonder what it says about my commitment, or my recruiting process in general. I always hate to speak like this but it really is my life. I hate to say that. I don’t want to sound like I’m ungrateful or arrogant.

This college decision will affect me and be what I represent for the rest of my life. My future self and my future family depend on this decision that I’m making at 18 years old. I want to make sure when I look back, I can say that I went to Nebraska, Clemson, Florida, Alabama, or wherever I end up, and I got a degree and that it got me and my family where we are then. I want to be sure I have an education and a degree that stands for more than just football.

There will be more visits, both official and unofficial. And I’ll continue to evaluate each one fairly. I’m just grateful for the support I’m receiving along the way, because I know this is a big decision not only for me but also my future family.

I don’t take that lightly.

• Plus1 1
47 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I'm guessing you glossed over this part:

And I know people might read this and wonder what it says about my commitment, or my recruiting process in general. I always hate to speak like this but it really is my life. I hate to say that. I don’t want to sound like I’m ungrateful or arrogant.

This college decision will affect me and be what I represent for the rest of my life. My future self and my future family depend on this decision that I’m making at 18 years old. I want to make sure when I look back, I can say that I went to Nebraska, Clemson, Florida, Alabama, or wherever I end up, and I got a degree and that it got me and my family where we are then. I want to be sure I have an education and a degree that stands for more than just football.

There will be more visits, both official and unofficial. And I’ll continue to evaluate each one fairly. I’m just grateful for the support I’m receiving along the way, because I know this is a big decision not only for me but also my future family.

I don’t take that lightly.

If one were take off their rose colored glasses, IMHO, he is saying that he is opening up his recruiting, please respect my decision when and if I change commitments.  I still have NU on my list, but there are many other schools that offer incredible opportunities as well.  In particular, 3 of those listed above will probably win or at least play for the MNC in the next few years....

I just don't see him coming here. That's just me.  If I hadn't read/heard all the hype and simply read this latest blog, I would think that he was writing this to whatever school he originally committed to.  Maybe I'm reading to much, but I don't think he signs.  No knock on anything NU has or hasn't done save we are a mediocre program at the current time.  Again, looking at two games into the Diaco turn around, we are performing worse than under Banker and pass D is non-existent.  This kid is a lock down DB.  Plays physical, in your face.  Watching the teams listed above, NU is the least likely to have that style of D (after 2 games)...

I truly hope he comes here. He is the type of defender who can turn a program around with his personality, work ethic and sheer athletic abilities.....Best of luck wherever he chooses. If not NU, I hope its Clemson (my 2nd team I follow).

• Plus1 5
6 minutes ago, lo country said:

If one were take off their rose colored glasses, IMHO, he is saying that he is opening up his recruiting, please respect my decision when and if I change commitments.  I still have NU on my list, but there are many other schools that offer incredible opportunities as well.  In particular, 3 of those listed above will probably win or at least play for the MNC in the next few years....

I just don't see him coming here. That's just me.  If I hadn't read/heard all the hype and simply read this latest blog, I would think that he was writing this to whatever school he originally committed to.  Maybe I'm reading to much, but I don't think he signs.  No knock on anything NU has or hasn't done save we are a mediocre program at the current time.  Again, looking at two games into the Diaco turn around, we are performing worse than under Banker and pass D is non-existent.  This kid is a lock down DB.  Plays physical, in your face.  Watching the teams listed above, NU is the least likely to have that style of D (after 2 games)...

I truly hope he comes here. He is the type of defender who can turn a program around with his personality, work ethic and sheer athletic abilities.....Best of luck wherever he chooses. If not NU, I hope its Clemson (my 2nd team I follow).

A few weeks ago,  I almost typed this exact same thing. He is basically walking Nebraska into a break up rather than abruptly ending it. 

• Plus1 3
  • Mavric changed the title to CB Brendan Radley-Hiles [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic