CB Brendan Radley-Hiles [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

83 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Radley-Hiles commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/2018 at 02:55 AM

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

New Bookie Article. Sounds real solid. Hopefully he is truly committed to Nebraska and not just Riley. If Riley gets canned and Bookie stays on board I think he can keep the class together.

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-brendan-radley-hiles-weekend-memorial-stadium

Will be interesting to see if this happens. For whatever reason lately I've been having a hunch that Riley gets another year. If he's canned I think Bookie ends up at Clemson assuming the new coach can't keep the class together. 

10 minutes ago, wiuhusker said:

Will be interesting to see if this happens. For whatever reason lately I've been having a hunch that Riley gets another year. If he's canned I think Bookie ends up at Clemson assuming the new coach can't keep the class together. 

I have to imagine there's a ton going on behind the scenes. I think there's an interaction here between Scott Frost and HCMR. The better UCF is this year, the more our hand gets forced. That said, Frost has made it clear in the past he's going to be careful about what jobs he takes. He liked UCF because he could run what he wanted to run based on local/regional recruits. I have to imagine there are background conversations going on to figure out if Frost would consider Nebraska. If he is willing to consider Nebraska and he's going to transition to a p5 this year I gotta imagine HCMR is gone. If Frost isn't willing to take the Nebraska job or he wants to stay at UCF (these are different things in my mind), I think HCMR stays unless there's another guy we absolutely want on the market. 

Otherwise, I think you're right that Riley gets another year. I think he's retained and we hope that this recruiting class goes up to its potential. Next year is going to be a rough year for us, so it would be easy to justify getting rid of HCMR with two bad seasons in a row plus the new AD can say they had a full year to evaluate HCMR. Bring in a new coach they get the relatively easy 2019 schedule. At that point we might be willing to navigate down our list of candidates just to make the transition. This year though, I have to imagine we're heavily focused on only Candidate 1A and not willing to go down the list. Personally, I think it's a strategy that makes sense. You don't want to throw a new coach to the wolves next year. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I see what your saying but in defense of everyone I think recruiting and head coach are very intertwined. Hard to talk one without the other at this point unfortunately 

Then start a thread "2018 recruiting class and possibility of a new coach"  -  as mentioned SO many times why does every recruiting thread have to be trashed by the hiring of a new coach when we already have a HC.  Now if BRH comes out and says something about the coaching situation then put it in his thread otherwise lets have a little selectivity of what goes where.

1 hour ago, GBRFAN said:

Then start a thread "2018 recruiting class and possibility of a new coach"  -  as mentioned SO many times why does every recruiting thread have to be trashed by the hiring of a new coach when we already have a HC.  Now if BRH comes out and says something about the coaching situation then put it in his thread otherwise lets have a little selectivity of what goes where.

Careful, they’ll start calling you a sunshine pumper and turning a blind eye.   Apparently statements like this mean you’re a riley supporter...

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, GBRFAN said:

Some conversations are intertwined. The convo started based off is bookie solid to Nebraska or just Riley. His article sounded all pro Nebraska and comradery with players and recruits. So question was posed that if he is solid enough Nebraska to stay even if coach leaves. 

Also why is discussing the inevitable head coach issue so bad? No reason to have head in sand, do you think they fired eichorst for any reason other than getting new football coach. Pretending the decision on Riley has not already been made is naive 

• Mavric changed the title to CB Brendan Radley-Hiles [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic