Anyone catch Bill Moos on Sharpe and Benning?

jauken

3 hours ago, jauken said:

Wanted others opinions but got distinct impression that he will not make a quick decision (even though I believe the choices are obvious) that he needs to quickly. 

It was my impression that he has every intention of retaining Riley.  I don’t know what everyone else’s opinion but that’s what I got out of it.  Trust me I wanted a different view but that is what I derived. 

Anyone hear the interview and thought the same or different??

When he was hired he said “Riley is my coach and I support him”

Hes following through with that.

As long as Riley is coach, I support him too. 

I’ll be at the game and rooting for a big win.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Hayseed said:

When he was hired he said “Riley is my coach and I support him”

Hes following through with that.

As long as Riley is coach, I support him too. 

I’ll be at the game and rooting for a big win.

As long as Riley is our coach I will continue to have zero faith and want to break shi* every time his teams do dumb crap. 

6 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Really , if we beat Penn State by 20 you will continue to have zero faith? 

Whatever. I don’t have time for you.

If Nebraska played Penn State 100 times this season we would be 0-100.  There is no scenario that exists that Nebraska beats Penn State let alone by 20 points this season.  The scenario you have presented will not occur so timmytbro can continue to have zero faith in Riley without the fear of a 20 point win @Penn State.

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, dspanther05 said:

If Nebraska played Penn State 100 times this season we would be 0-100.  There is no scenario that exists that Nebraska beats Penn State let alone by 20 points this season.  The scenario you have presented will not occur so timmytbro can continue to have zero faith in Riley without the fear of a 20 point win @Penn State.

timmytbro can do whatever he wants.

You should also listen to the latest Husker Doc Talk podcast. They have Dave Rimington as a guest. He said they told him they were going to make a change at AD and they wanted him to be interim until they found their full time guy. So Rimington knew before Eichorst did. Also he talks about how much of a mess the football program is. It’s a pretty good listen.

• Plus1 1

I have listened to several interviews with Moos.  I think people here what they want to hear to back up their stance.  The Huskers trend the last 4 games will make the decision.  I think it will have to be Husker dominance for MR to stay.  That would be a huge turnaround from what we have seen.  I will say this, I think Moos will do what Moos wants to do.  Nobody will talk him into anything else.  He will read the landscape and make his decision.

15 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

I have listened to several interviews with Moos.  I think people here what they want to hear to back up their stance.  The Huskers trend the last 4 games will make the decision.  I think it will have to be Husker dominance for MR to stay.  That would be a huge turnaround from what we have seen.  I will say this, I think Moos will do what Moos wants to do.  Nobody will talk him into anything else.  He will read the landscape and make his decision.

I think that people might be putting a lot of stock into the last 4 games.  I mean...are you really making your coaching choice on that?  I think the choice has been made already.  I have no idea what it is but I can't imagine a good AD just sort of looking at 4 games.

• Plus1 3
28 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

There is no chance Riley is being retained.  If it does happen though, a really bad move on a few levels in my opinion 

If he is retained, frankly, bluntly, and honestly, then the evaluator isn't fit for that part of the job. That sounds extreme, on a message board, but we've made a good case both with video and statistics and we've really barely scratched the surface.