RUMOR: Decision on Mike Riley Already Made, Will Be Let Go

36 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

The title of this thread is literally about Riley's job status... So. Carry on?

The thread title is a rumor that the decision has already been made. It would be nice to not have to wade through another thread of the same arguments taking place on every other thread. I appreciate the info aspect of it, sorry.

A couple of things.

People were way off about the AD rumors, not even close

Any discussions about SF would have to run through UCF.  I doubt there could be that much conversation and no rumors anywhere out of UCF.

Although it could be MR knows he is gone and SF has been contacted using back channels and has agreed to come in principal through his agent.

Not doubting that people are hearing, just doubting they are hearing it from people who know.

1 minute ago, Crusader Husker said:

A couple of things.

People were way off about the AD rumors, not even close

Any discussions about SF would have to run through UCF.  I doubt there could be that much conversation and no rumors anywhere out of UCF.

Although it could be MR knows he is gone and SF has been contacted using back channels and has agreed to come in principal through his agent.

Not doubting that people are hearing, just doubting they are hearing it from people who know.

Communication with UCF doesn't have to occur until they want to speak with Coach Frost directly. Even then you can go around the AD, but that isn't how it usually works. Contacts/communications with agents and then you ask for permission from the AD to speak with so and so. AD's allow communication to happen. Just the way that stuff works. 

22 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

from someone very very high in the University side- not in the AD. Just hasn't been released to the press yet. Anyone else hear this too? I didn't get a specific timeline as to when it would be announced but the decision apparently has already been made.

Yep. Matches what I posted about what the poster on Scout said a couple of weeks ago. 

1 minute ago, jessica0 said:

Communication with UCF doesn't have to occur until they want to speak with Coach Frost directly. Even then you can go around the AD, but that isn't how it usually works. Contacts/communications with agents and then you ask for permission from the AD to speak with so and so. AD's allow communication to happen. Just the way that stuff works. 

I get that, I just think if some of that has happened, there would be a little smoke.

3 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

would you mind refreshing me on what that is? I must've missed it

There is a poster on Scout that is connected to some higher up people. No clue who those people are though since he never shares that info. Once and a great while he will drop a note and history is accurate. This week he said agents are talking and our AD is way ahead of things. 

Nov 2, 4:59 PMvia Mobile

Agents are speaking right now, no need to wait until the end of the season.

Moos is ahead of the game.

We good.

• Plus1 3
22 hours ago, zoogs said:

Of course the decision has already been made. Eichorst didn't get fired for Riley's performance back in September so that the Football Guy AD would not get a chance to hire his Football Coach.

Riley was fired 4 years ago...he just didn't know it.  He got a life-line because of he attitude and niceness.  

On 11/2/2017 at 7:31 PM, BoneyardHusker said:

At this point I would be shocked of Riley returned. The only question is does an announcement come before the end of the season that he wont be back.

At this point I wouldn't want Riley to be let go until the end of the season. Moos said he doesn't fire during the season, under normal circumstances.  For him to go back on his word would be off-putting.  

For the record I'M hoping for a coach change.

• Plus1 1