RUMOR: Decision on Mike Riley Already Made, Will Be Let Go

4 hours ago, luckyduck said:

At this point I wouldn't want Riley to be let go until the end of the season. Moos said he doesn't fire during the season, under normal circumstances.  For him to go back on his word would be off-putting.  

For the record I'M hoping for a coach change.

Ya, want Riley gone too but firing him now serves little purpose. Can't talk to any current HC officially til after the season anyway. Meanwhile Riley still being here doesn't stop us from going through back-channel contacts, researching, and staying on-top of what's going-on with the competition. Let him finish the season with dignity and keep trying to recruit. Then let him go and get the new guy in ASAP to get to work on saving this class, December 20 will come flying-up.

On 11/3/2017 at 0:14 PM, B.B. Hemingway said:

Except Mack won a National Championship at Texas.... Riley can't even win a rivalry game.

Except that the boosters didn't remember that. But then again, some of those big money Texass boosters are bats*** crazy. 

1 minute ago, whateveritis1224 said:

3rd hand information (Brother talked with someone at the game today who knows someone high enough up in the Athletic department) that is pretty lock in step with whats been said.  Riley was informed he was let go after OSU and they offered Frost with a 45 day time frame.  Time frame is pretty much just make a decision at the end of the year.

Sounds nice, but I don't think you can actually offer any coach anything until the regular season is over. Such as, I don't see Moos offering Frost, heck has Frost even had a chance to meet Moos?? With that said, Florida also probably hasn't offered Frost and Frost probably hasn't been on Gainesville campus.

Just now, BoneyardHusker said:

Sounds nice, but I don't think you can actually offer any coach anything until the regular season is over. Such as, I don't see Moos offering Frost, heck has Frost even had a chance to meet Moos?? With that said, Florida also probably hasn't offered Frost and Frost probably hasn't been on Gainesville campus.

Hey I'll be the first to say this information sounds very sketchy, only brought it up because it is pretty much the same information as has been said before at least in regards to Riley.  The Frost info also sort of matches what Power'T brought up.  Could be a phone interview was conducted.  Could be back channels that said hey we're going to be offering you this contract at the end of the year and we're giving you till the end of the year to give us an answer.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, whateveritis1224 said:

Hey I'll be the first to say this information sounds very sketchy, only brought it up because it is pretty much the same information as has been said before at least in regards to Riley.  The Frost info also sort of matches what Power'T brought up.  Could be a phone interview was conducted.  Could be back channels that said hey we're going to be offering you this contract at the end of the year and we're giving you till the end of the year to give us an answer.

No I get ya, it is hopeful to see!

FWIW-- I was at Champions Club after the game... people were pissed.. but more than  two very important guests (his bosses) were not there to greet the people, as they normally are, left their wives to sit alone

... maybe, they are talking with coach right now to pack his bags...rip off the band aid now..

Edited by Vizsla1
  • Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Bornhusker said:

Moos will not fire anybody before the end of the season. He can't, or he risks ruining his rep only after a few weeks. He must stand by his word, good or bad to show he can be trusted to do what he says.

Yep... totally agree with the statements from Moos.... I just found it odd and thought I would share an observation, not any whisper campaign going on inside the building...that is why we have it here...  We look so uninpsired just running onto the field..maybe team is feeding off that low energy and a change happens sooner then after Iowa game?

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

No way Riley already knows.  If he did, we wouldn’t have had multiple 4* recruits at the game today.

There are a lot of ways this doesn't make sense. One of of which being that if he stopped recruiting, everyone would obviously already know his fate, including his players, who would see him give up, so they would too.

• Plus1 3
3 hours ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Nothing official has occurred of course but I'd be shocked if we aren't in back-channel contact.